It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Humidity

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2003, 10:08 AM   #1
    magtize

magtize HB User
    Post Humidity

Wondering if anyone out there has noticed more pain when humidity is high.I have been keeping records of how I feel and think I am on to something.
    c5 Radiculitis Meds.Celebrex200mg 1 a day Lexapro 10mg 1 day Neurontin 300 4xs day apap/codine 300mg as needed oxycod/apap 500mg as needed neurontin 300mg 2 xs a day.
    ACDF C 4-5 on 9-2-03 titaium plate 4 screws

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
    PainInTheNeckJackie
    Inactive

PainInTheNeckJackie HB User
    You may very well be onto something as my pain increases terribly in the humidity, as do the level of the headaches. Keep up the good research work!

Old 07-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #3
    more
    (female)

more HB User
    My pain definitely is affected by the humidity. I think it is the muscles swelling. I wrote a post on here about two weeks ago about this very subject. I will try to find it bump it up. It had to do with my going to PT and being so sore - the therapist told me she thought I was dehydrated - brought on from being in such humid conditions. I drank some water and it seemed to help with the pain.

Old 07-28-2003, 02:55 PM   #4
    Memer
    Inactive

Memer HB User
    I think you're right, Elaine.

Old 07-28-2003, 04:19 PM   #5
    KeithEugeneW
    Veteran

KeithEugeneW HB User
    Smile

You're dead on with that observation. The humidity was very high here in northern NY last week and I was climbing the walls. Yesterday was bad too. Today the front was past and we got some cooler dry air and it helped a lot. Of course me being the opportunist, I decided it was a good day to get after that firewood cutting I needed to do when I got out of work, so now that I did, I feel like crap all over again even without the humidity. Yeah, I know...
    When I went to Tuscon Arizona last May and August, the humidity was really low and I felt better than I had in years. If I could just get used to the idea of living in a desert, I'd move there. I grew up and lived in upstate and northern NY most of my life, so it's hard to leave. Not so hard in January, though.
    Keith

[This message has been edited by KeithEugeneW (edited 07-28-2003).]

Old 07-28-2003, 04:26 PM   #6
    more
    (female)

more HB User
    Keith like you I grew up in Upstate NY (Albany area) and I would not give up my four seasons for anything (well maybe the fourth season - but only after December). I would definitely miss the Christmas weather. I would not miss the cold though - that affects me more than the humidity when it comes to pain. I love the snow though and would not get that in the desert. I think with the cold I tense up too much and it activates the pain in my neck - so why did I move to northern Vermont from Western NY? Got me.

Closed Thread