It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Cervical Corpectomy -- Anyone Had One?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
    mkyarbor

mkyarbor HB User
    Question Cervical Corpectomy -- Anyone Had One?

Hello -- We are new at this message board. My fiance (here with me) has been told that he needs to have a multi-level anterior cervical corpectomy. Anyone out there with experience in this area? What can we expect in terms of hospital stay, pain level, recovery time? Any info you have would be much appreciated! Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 11:19 AM   #2
    lori1851

lori1851 HB User
    Hello,
    I had a ACDF with corepectomy on 4-22-03. Mine was C3-C7. I was in surgery for 3 hours. I came out wearing a Miami J Brace for 8 weeks. I had 2 ruptured discs and they were causing spinal cord compression. I got along fairly good after surgery. I had a bad sore throat but it went away within a couple days. I wsa on Vicodin and that helped. As far as sleeping I slept in a recliner for a couple weeks with lots of pillows propped up behind me. I just wemt back for my 3 month visit I am still not totally fused yet but my Dr used a Titanium plate with 6 screws. I dont even know its there. After you get your brace off you are scared to turn your head. That gets better with time. Hope this has been some help.
    Lori
    Indiana

Closed Thread