HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Spinal Cord Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/spinal-cord-disorders/)
-   -   C 4-5 issues, Neuro Surg says surgery indicated promptly (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/spinal-cord-disorders/974463-c-4-5-issues-neuro-surg-says-surgery-indicated-promptly.html)

piatt40 02-16-2014 09:45 AM

C 4-5 issues, Neuro Surg says surgery indicated promptly

From an MRI with contrast looking for MS these pertinent problems were noted. There are more issues but these are the big ones that the radiologist focused on.
C 4-5Broad right paracentral-posterolateral disk
protrusion/endplate/uncovertebral spur complex flattening the
ventral cord and causing severe right foraminal impingement (does
the patient have signs or symptoms right C5
radiculopathy/radiculitis?) and mild to moderate narrowing of the
midline AP canal dimension to 8 mm, and lesser left uncovertebral
spur causing mild to moderate left foraminal stenosis".

My question is, can these issues be causing urine/bowel incontinence, sexual dysfunction, pain, tingling, burning, throbbing sensations in both my legs and feet?

piatt40 02-16-2014 09:49 AM

Re: C 4-5 issues, Neuro Surg says surgery indicated promptly

along with the C 4-5 issues There are some disc bulges at C5-6, C 6-7

CT06405 02-16-2014 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=piatt40;5266588]From an MRI with contrast looking for MS these pertinent problems were noted. There are more issues but these are the big ones that the radiologist focused on.
C 4-5Broad right paracentral-posterolateral disk
protrusion/endplate/uncovertebral spur complex flattening the
ventral cord and causing severe right foraminal impingement (does
the patient have signs or symptoms right C5
radiculopathy/radiculitis?) and mild to moderate narrowing of the
midline AP canal dimension to 8 mm, and lesser left uncovertebral
spur causing mild to moderate left foraminal stenosis".

My question is, can these issues be causing urine/bowel incontinence, sexual dysfunction, pain, tingling, burning, throbbing sensations in both my legs and feet?[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY! Not to say other things can't, but the flattening of the ventral cord and/or the severe right foraminal impingement can cause all those. I'd be surprised if you were having no symptoms based on your MRI.

piatt40 02-17-2014 05:05 AM

thanks CT06405,
At first I read your post and understood it just the opposite of how you wrote and meant it, lol. My mind has stopped working as well through out this process. I guess that's another reason they are trying to r/o MS.
I also have tarlov cyst (perineural cyst) on S 2-3 which I have attributed the issues I am having from my waste down. but on prelim report the neurosurg wouldn't even see me for these cyst, and that's without even hearing my symptoms. From my own research on tarlov cyst they alone could be my issues from my waste down, only to be compounded by my C spine issues.
Here a just a few of the symptoms: I get random muscle twitching, from mild to obviously you can see it, and like waves that happen in my muscles, but these happen to arms, legs, & trunk. If I squeeze and try to hold it in (where I won't wet on myself), I get muscle spasms all over my trunk. If I move my face a certain way it spasms and cramps to one side like with a stroke but just for a few seconds. If I put stress any muscle to try and reach, twist, or turn like when you're trying to grab something that is out of your reach, my body on the side I am twisted spasms up. Some days my legs are so heavy that I can hardly walk and I seem to drag my feet (but at least I haven't fallen, yet!). Sometimes but not consistently, when I stretch in the morning like everyone does when they wake up my legs go into jerking spasms and makes me wet on myself. When I sit my peri-neal area goes numb, my legs go numb, my inner thigh goes numb. I can be walking and a leg or foot go numb.
As far as the C4-5 issues, I have major loss of strength in my upper arms, and wrist. I find that I can't do a lot of things that I was just doing a year ago due to strength issues. The severe pain comes with flare ups and each time I loose a little (to a lot), more function. Not to mention almost constant pressure headaches and throbbing in my head (& just recently my BP has been high). And another funky thing, if I move my head just a certain way my vision disappears for a few seconds and its like my eyes are flopping back in forth in their sockets and I'm not sure if it really hurts or not but I moan when ever it happens.
I'm just a mess!!
thank you for your reply and help. I am getting very anxious to get to my Neurosurg and Neurology appointments :) any new advise after reading all this would be greatly appreciated.

CT06405 02-18-2014 06:39 AM

Based on your MRI, it sounds like your neurosurgeon is correct in recommending surgery promptly. Many or all of those symptoms could improve or disappear if you decompress the spinal cord and nerve roots.