It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Please help: Multilevel Degenerative Disk Surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
    kravan
    (male)

kravan HB User
    Please help: Multilevel Degenerative Disk Surgery

Please find blow my 2014 Jan MRI findings: I have seen 3 doctors so far, one recommended Epidural, the other recommended PT and the last one recommended 3 level ACDF. My right arm is getting weaker and I can see that my right arm biceps is not as strong as the left one. Any advice would help...

I am in my 30's so concerned about doing ACDF at this age but at the same time worried about not-treating the issue.

----

Findings: There is loss of normal cervical lordosis. Multi-level degenerative disk disease superimposed upon what appears to be congenitally narrowed spinal canal. No focal cord is abnormality is demonstrated. No cerebellar tonsillar herniation. No prevertebreal soft tissue swelling is demonstrated.

C2-3: Broad-based disk bulge is present. There is superimposed right paracentral component with likely a posterior annular tear. There is effacement of the anterior CSF space just right of midline. The AP diameter of the spinal canal measures 0.8 cm. There is narrowing of the inferior bilateral neural foramina. The more superior bilateral neural foramina are patent.

C3-4: Broad-based disk-osteophyte complex is eccentric to the right. There is right foraminal component with likely a posterior annular tear. There is partial effacement of the anterior CSF space. There is moderate to severe right-sided formanial narrowing demonstrated. The AP diameter of the spinal canal is narrowed to between 0.8 and 0.9 cm.

C4-5: Left eccentric disk-osteophyte complex impresses upon the left anterior cervical cord. There is narrowing of the inferior bilateral neural foramina. The more superior bilateral neural foramina are patent. AP diameter of the spinal canal is narrowed to 0.7 cm.

C5-6: Left eccentric disk-osteophyte complex impresses upon the left anterior cervical cord. There is mild right and moderate left-sided foraminal narrowing demonstrated. The AP diameter of the spinal canal is narrowed to 0.6 cm.

C6-7: Broad-based disk bulge is present. There is superimposed disk protrusion. There is mild to moderate left-sided foraminal narrowing. The AP diameter of the spinal canal is narrowed to 0.7 cm.

C7-T1: Minimal broad-based disk bulge is present. There is no overall significant central stenosis or foraminal narrowing demonstrated.

Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    acdf, back pain, disk degeneration, osteophyte, weak arms