It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• c2-3 c3-4 c4-5 c5-6 c6-7 discs... Help...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
    opiemimmy
    (female)

opiemimmy HB User
    c2-3 c3-4 c4-5 c5-6 c6-7 discs... Help...

So here it goes. if anyone has went through or is going through this please guide me through it. And what it means.

In c2-3, 3-4, 4-5 I have degenerative disc changes with mild posterior disc bulging.
    In c5-6 I have endplate spurring and mild intervertabral disc space narrowing. Uncovertebral joint arthropathy is most prominent on the left., I have loss of T2 signal intensity and posterior disc bulging greater on the left. these findings are resulting in left neural foraminal encrouchment and mild narrowing of the central spinal canal to 9mm.

In c6-7 there is a large right paracentral disc extrusion compressing the thecal sac and distorting the cervical spinal cord. There is central spinal stenosis with the anterior posterior dimension of the thecal sac measuring 8mm there is right neural foraminal encrouchment...

If anyone has an idea of what this means cause you've went through it or are going thorugh it explain to me what I maybe looking at... I dont see my Dr. until next week and Im a little worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
    Tim025
    (male)

Tim025 HB User
    Cool Re: c2-3 c3-4 c4-5 c5-6 c6-7 discs.. Help...

Opiemimmy, on 10-25-2014 I underwent a cervical laminectomy without instrumentation on c-3 thru c-7 because of many of the same issues that you have described. I waited about 6 years after I started experienced burning hands caused by the spinal compression and tried everything imaginable to avoid surgery.
    I have had numerous problems that have occurred because of the operation, however most of them have subsided and I am beginning to feel as if I may be somewhat normal soon. My latest mri shows complete decompression and a stable neck, so I am feeling much better about going through with the surgery.
    My advice to you is to be sure to ask about EVERY option available AND the potential consequences associated with each.
    My damage to my spinal cord MAY be permanent so my hand pain will require medication to keep it under control BUT there is also the chance of at least some healing. My neurosurgeon feels that I waited to long to have the operation but my neurologist isn't so sure that it would have made any difference had I had the procedure sooner----so who knows?
    Listen to your body and all the information you can take in.
    Good luck, Tim

Old 03-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #3
    opiemimmy
    (female)

opiemimmy HB User
    Thanks so much for the comment. Although Im a lityle gonfused about your surgery date. You put 2014 in October. Uhm, that isnt here yet. Lol. Im sure you meant a different date though no doubt

Old 03-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
    opiemimmy
    (female)

opiemimmy HB User
    Thanks so much for the comment. Although Im a lityle gonfused about your surgery date. You put 2014 in October. Uhm, that isnt here yet. Lol. Im sure you meant a different date though no doubt

Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
    Tim025
    (male)

Tim025 HB User

Opiemimmy, sorry about that, 10-25-2013 is the correct date.
    If I can help you with any questions during your journey please don't hesitate to ask. I have received a lot of help from others on this site who have gone through similar surgeries that has eased many of my own concerns.
    Good luck, Tim

Old 03-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
    opiemimmy
    (female)

opiemimmy HB User
    Re: c2-3 c3-4 c4-5 c5-6 c6-7 discs.. Help...

Thank you. I have an appointment with Neurosurgeon this Wednesday. Guess we'll see what his reply and suggestions are, and go from there..

Old 03-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #7
    opiemimmy
    (female)

opiemimmy HB User
    Surgery is set for Monday for an ACDF

Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
    Tim025
    (male)

Tim025 HB User

Best of luck with your surgery. I have a number of friends, all are playing golf again, who have had ACDF surgeries with great success. This is the same surgery ( the last of 3 during an 18 month span ) that Payton Manning had performed by Dr. Watkins in Marina Del Rey California a couple of years ago which obviously saved his career.
    So you should be as good as new within a few months
    Again, good luck and listen to your Dr. AND your body while healing.
    Tim

Old 03-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #9
    opiemimmy
    (female)

opiemimmy HB User
    Smile Re: c2-3 c3-4 c4-5 c5-6 c6-7 discs.. Help...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tim025 View Post
    Best of luck with your surgery. I have a number of friends, all are playing golf again, who have had ACDF surgeries with great success. This is the same surgery ( the last of 3 during an 18 month span ) that Payton Manning had performed by Dr. Watkins in Marina Del Rey California a couple of years ago which obviously saved his career.
    So you should be as good as new within a few months
    Again, good luck and listen to your Dr. AND your body while healing.
    Tim

Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #10
    opiemimmy
    (female)

opiemimmy HB User
    Surgery went well, however, the anesthesia made me super sick through out the night. Was sent home the next day. Came home and wasnt able to rest at all. Went back to the ER that next evening due a feeling of being strangled in the throat area. All tests done in the ER came back fine. The problem just stemmed from dry heaving and throwing up and yhats wht I felt as if a ball is in my throat and I gave that feeling of being strangled. All will go away in time though.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #11
    Tim025
    (male)

Tim025 HB User
    Cool Re: c2-3 c3-4 c4-5 c5-6 c6-7 discs... Help...

Sorry to hear about your issues but I am glad the surgery went well.
    Keep the faith and stay positive
    Tim

Old 03-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #12
    frenchfri1003
    (female)

frenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB Userfrenchfri1003 HB User
    Re: c2-3 c3-4 c4-5 c5-6 c6-7 discs... Help...

I felt that my neck was similar after ACDF C5-6 C6-7. It was due to excessive swelling and I had to take steroids to decrease the swelling which helped. THe swelling is a side affect of the surgery and all of the instruments being in the area and working. Check and ask if there was excessive swelling? It helped me. It was day 4 or 5 after the surgery that I was finally given the meds. Feel better

Closed Thread