It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Facet Neck Injection

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
    joy63
    (female)

joy63 HB User
    Facet Neck Injection

Hi,

I am looking for information regarding facet injections. On Friday I received this injection and have recently been experiencing even more pain than I did before the injection. I know an RFA is scheduled in two weeks since initially this worked. I was told that in an hour all pain would return. The question is should I have this much pain, pain to the point of causing me lay flat in order to calm it down?

I did call the answering service this morning regarding the pain and she said as long as I am not dropping things I 'm okay and to just rest. I wasn't calling for more pain pills just answers. Honestly, this is not how I wanted to spend my weekend, in bed with ice packs to try and calm this pain.

Prior to this procedure I received three epidural injections, which helped take the chest pain away and decreased the shooting pain down the arms. Sadly, the chest pain returned after the facet injections along with shooting pain down the arms. A new symptom nausea has joined the symptom club.

After the procedure I was dizzy and nauseous. They said that was normal. Normally, with these procedures I am up and out of there with no problems.

So has anyone had this experience? If so how long did it last? Also, did the RFA (burning of the nerve) work or make it worse?

Thank you,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 AM   #2
    istitch4ever
    (female)

istitch4ever HB Useristitch4ever HB Useristitch4ever HB Useristitch4ever HB Useristitch4ever HB Useristitch4ever HB User
    Re: Facet Neck Injection

I'm sorry to see you have not yet had an answer to your quest for answers regarding your pain. I'm not sure I do either -- other than to offer my sincere support for what you are going thru.... That doesn't help any, I know. By this date (18th) I hope you have either seen the doc or had your next procedure -- and hopefully this is 'the' one which has taken away the awful pain. I wish you well -- I too am dealing with enough pain to take my breath away -- and am seeing answers. I do so wish you good fortune in your quest.

Closed Thread