It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Help me understand my MRI reports.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
    grandmother7
    (female)

grandmother7 HB User
    Help me understand my MRI reports.

Hello On Sept 12 2012 I gotten hurt on the job.I herniated C4 C5 and had to have surgery done that on DEC 7 2012.After the third month I started having more pain.Told the doctor that done my surgery he had an MRI done and said that I am not healing yet.In June of 2013 still was not doing good I couldn't use my left arm and having pain down my right arm.I have been swelling and burning and pain in both arm and neck.He order another MRI and that was done on June 24,2013 HE called me up and told me that the plates and screws are fine but I am not fused and the reason I am hurting on my right side is because I have a bugle and it is touching my cord some.So,the nurse that is on my case went and gotten a different opinion this new doctor order a CT Scan.He also told me that I am not fused.Had an Emg test done and that came back with nerve damage to C5 and it can't be fix.I have been diagnosed with chronic pain.That doctor sent me to a pain management doctor she done a nerve block and it made everything worse specially the burning.So now this doctor order a bone scan for rsd.It only said that I have inflammation and arthritis sent me to another pain doctor he order an MRI on my brain for MS or RSD.Have not heard nothing on this yet.Have done two MRI the first one without contrast and the other with it both done at different places.Here is my results:
    This is the one done on June 24,2013.

C1-C2:No significant focal abnormality.
    C2-C3:The same as C1-C2.
    C3-C4:Minimal central disc protrusion which effaces the ventral CSF space without contacting the cord.Neural formamial are grossly patent bilaterally.
    C4-C5:ACDF with anterior plate and screw fixation changes.No significant central canal or neural formaminal stenosis at this level.
    C5-C6:Right paracentral disc herination contacts the ventral cord which may be mildly flattened.
    Everything else is fine.

This is one that I had done on March 3,2014

C1-C2:No significant focal abnormality.
    C2-C3:Small disc osteophyte complex without significant canal stenosis.
    C3-C4:Minimal disc osteophyte complex with central disc protrusion without significant canal stenosis.
    C4-C5:Postsurgical changes of AFDC.
    C5-C6:Paracentral disc bulge with associate osteophyte complex causing effacement of the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and mild canal narrowing.
    The other are fine.
    Conclusion:Postsurgical changes of anterior cervical discectomy and fusion at level C4-C5.
    Cervical spondylosiss the level of C2-C6 as detailed above,most prominent at C5-C6 with parenteral disc bulge causing mild spinal canal stenosis at this level.
    My CT Scan is saying that I have one above and one under C4-C5 same has the MRI.

Now I had another MRI with contrast and the doctor told me that there is nothing new.No pinched nerve,nothing for surgery everything is fine.But,yet I don't understand why I am swelling so much burning on the back of my neck right side and goes down my arm to the left too.I can't bend over without hurting.Should I see a neurosurgeon doctor and not a pain doctor?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
    CT06405
    Veteran
    (female)

CT06405 HB UserCT06405 HB UserCT06405 HB UserCT06405 HB UserCT06405 HB User
    Re: Help me understand my MRI reports.

yes, I would.

Closed Thread