It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• CT-Scan of Cervical Spine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
    Cypresspoint
    (male)

Cypresspoint HB User
    CT-Scan of Cervical Spine

Hey all,

I've been writing regarding all my insurance and pain woes. I had a cervical fusion done November 2012 at C6-C7 - 1 level with BMP. Post fusion, I was fine until 8th month mark. I started having severe pain at down my left arm and thumb and deltoids and biceps-sharp/burning nerve pain. Had an epidural last Wednesday (insurance denied it, paid out of pocket). PM hit C5-C6 with epidural and I have had some relief.

CT Scan was done on Monday and NS wants me in his office on 4/1 at 8am. I'm not asking for a diagnosis, just some support. To a layman's eye, reading the CT-Scan is showing a failed fusion. I'm going to quote what the CT-Scan and if anyone can give me some guidance on questions, support etc., it would be much appreciated. I have 2 young kids and I'm trying to hold it all together, albeit difficult.

"Biapical pleural parenchment scarring is present. There has been previous C6-7 anterior cervical fusion"

Degenerative spurring is seen at anterior antlantoaxial space with moderate to severe superior present at that level.

At C5-6, there is disc space narrowing. Sponylosis is present remarkablely on right. No canal or forminal stenosis is apparent. However, ACDF at C6-7 is present with anterior stabilization plate that reduces considerable artifact. Grossly the neural canal appears decompressed with no stenosis present. There is evidence of bony union across the disc space. Alignment appears atomic .

Thank you all for your support and advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread