It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Mr.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2014, 11:12 PM   #1
    Denizz
    (male)

Denizz HB User
    Mr.

Dear Reader,

I would deeply appreciate any response to my query regarding a recent injury. Before starting, I would like to state that my condition is not too severe and even after/ during the pain, I still appreciate and respect the life I live. As told by a wise man "There is always someone else out there in a far worse situation than you".

My right arm is slightly larger and stronger than my left which I believe is normal. But during shoulder exercises it has always been weaker though it is has more muscle mass. I believe this is due to right pectoral tendon attached to the deltoid with some swelling in the passed. I am only mentioning this as I am unaware if it effects the injury I am currently undergoing.

In Feb 14, I felt a sudden elastic like pull in my right trapezius. After a week of having a stiff neck and unable to turn my head, I was slowly covering, to one very scary evening when I woke up to very intense pain in my right shoulder and neck. I was in severe pain and suffering from sleep deprivation for over a month until I slowly recovered myself. During this time I was given all sorts of anti inflammatory and painkillers, visited A&E, GP and physiotherapy on countless occasions with no answers. I was finally sent to have an MRI scan. Though the numbness in the tip of my right thumb never goes, the pain has gone down dramatically compared to the first few weeks. It is now 18/04 and I suffer very rarely a slight pain but still have weakness in right arm and restriction of motions. Such as holding a kettle can be difficult.

The MRI (written) results was also reviewed by my GP to which he was unable to provide a definitive answer as to what will happen next. I have been referred to see a orthopedic doctor in the next 4-6 weeks and was hoping to gain some insight as to what could be next with regards to recovery time (if there will be a full recovery) or any advise on taking a surgery since I believe my situation is a little unique.

I have not been gym since Feb 14 to avoid further injury. Below I have written the results from my MRI letter which was reviewed by my GP. As nice and positive as he was, the results did worry my slightly.

Here is the letter:

"There is a cervical curve concave to the right and there is straightening of the normal cervical lordosis. At the C5-6 level there is an osteodiscal bar which does indent the ventral surface of the cord causing slight cord flattening. There is some associated narrowing of the central part of the right foreman at this level with some elevation of the posterior longitudinal ligament here.

The C6/7 level looks normal and the C7-T1 is normal and cord signal is normal.

Conclusion: Slight cervical curve with the central and right paracentral osteodiscal bar at C5-6 elevating the posterior longitudinal ligament and cuasing some narrowing of the right foramen. This is likely to be impinging the right 6th cervical nerve root."

Any advise or answers would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Dennis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    c5-6, cervical disks neck, foraminal narrowing, nerve impingement in neck, swelling on back of neck