It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• ADCF with Nuvasive CoRoent anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
    Spineanxious
    (female)

Spineanxious HB User
    ADCF with Nuvasive CoRoent anyone?

Hello, while I'm new to the forum, it's obvious this is a great community and many find this to be a place of support and sound advice. Thank you for your comments in advance.

My main question is - has anyone had experience with ADCF using Nuvasive CoRoent implant rather then plates? I wasn't able to find much of information other then that provided by Nuvasive themselves.

Details: I have recently been diagnosed with severe cervical stenosis (C5-6) with myelopathy. This diagnosis was made post injury, but I have had signs of degenerative disk deterioration before.
    Thus, i also have some disk degeneration at C4-5 and C6-7, but those are not an immediate concern just yet (or so i'm told).

Because of the myelopathy, my orthopedic surgeon advised I schedule a single level ADCF surgery sooner then later to fix the stenosis. and deal with other levels when and if time comes. This was two weeks ago, and i've been trying to do my research on the procedure, my condition in general ever since.

My current doctor is performing outpatient ADCF using Nuvasive CoRoent implants, and he also noted no drainage is needed after this surgery.

I can not get a sence if this a a desirable progressive model or a cost effective solution.

Once again, thank you for your thoughts.

Last edited by Spineanxious; 06-03-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread