It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Neck cracking led to rubbing discs? Spinal disc herniation?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2014, 03:46 AM   #1
    Blu35tee1
    (male)

Blu35tee1 HB User
    Exclamation Neck cracking led to rubbing discs? Spinal disc herniation?

Just going to get right into it.

I've been cracking my neck almost all the time daily since grade 10, so it's been 7 years. I'm to the point where I have a lump pretty much directly under my skull (one of the few first discs from the top of my neck). it's the left side of the disc it feels.
    last June I've noticed this rubbing feeling. Like you know when your knees vibrate sometimes, it's kind of the same feeling. I try not to crack my neck as much anymore because I get headaches almost directly after a large crack. but anyways, I'm to the point where if I crack my neck (I don't have to most of the time) my neck juices right where the lump is feels like there's no lubrication there so that means whatever movement I make with my head, even if it's the tiniest tiniest TINEST movement, I hear little pops. it's mostly tilting from the left to the right. looking left or right makes that vibration feeling like your knees do sometimes.. very light rubbing vibration..but not as bad as the tilting. the slightest tilt will cause the bones to rub together and it feels like a little crack. if I do it slowly, very slowly, it will rub the bones slowly. if I do fast tilting movements, it feels more like a crack. it's almost like if I keep my head completely still, the cracking sensation builds up when I decide to make that tilting motion, left or right. but it's like whatever movement I do I feel it. sometimes if I just say whatever then crack my neck fully then I t goes away for like 10 mins. through out the day it doesn't happen but if i start tilting my neck to get that sensation of the rubbing, it will start doing it.

I happens waaaay to much to count.

the reason why I'm typing this up is because I want to know if anyone else has this issue cause it's already turned into a habit and I look stupid tiltng my head to get that crack. it's a crack/rub I can only hear cause it's in my head pretty much. if you had a stethoscope on my neck I wonder if you could hear it. I have my noise canceling earbuds in at the moment and if I do it I really can hear the rubbing.

I havnt gone to a doc or a cyro yet which is very stupid of me. havnt even gotten an X-ray cause I wanna see the disc displacement.

from a simple cracking neck habit turned into this rubbing issue and I want it gone! my neck feels very delicate in a way and I feel if I get a cyro to crack my neck or somthing for me it feels like they may snap my neck by accident lol.

the headaches from one good crack are just starting, and I'm only 22. I'm nervous for my future for sure.

thanks for reading as this is my first post

Devin

Last edited by mod85; 07-04-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    cracking joints, herniation, neck bump, rubbing