It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• C6 c7 bulging disc t2 t3 t3t4 bulging discs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
    Tired daddy
    (male)

Tired daddy HB User
    Unhappy C6 c7 bulging disc t2 t3 t3t4 bulging discs

Plus ddd at c6 c7 and t2- t3 through t4-t5. Causing a lot of pain in neck down into left arm and hand, also tingling and numbness, weakness. Also have cervical and spinal stenosis. Osteoarthritis in neck and spine and both shoulders. Bone spurs in neck. The past 4 years have been pretty bad pain wise. Take a bunch of Vicodin and tramadol, muscle relaxers and gabapentin. Nothing is helping. Tried physical therapy on neck and back, just made everything worse. Waiting till august to see a neurosurgen. My primary doc thinks I need a spinal decompression surgery. Pain doc has tried trigger point shots, epiderol and next a nerve block in neck. Doubt it will work, the epiderol didn't. Really at a loss as what to do. Get like 3 hrs of sleep a night. Can't stand long or sit long without legs getting numb and tingling. Don't work anymore just watch my 2 young kids 4 and 2. It's very hard for me and don't think I will be able to keep that up much longer. Anyone have any suggestions. Help please. My pain level is a 7 all the time no joke.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #2
    Tired daddy
    (male)

Tired daddy HB User
    Re: C6 c7 bulging disc t2 t3 t3t4 bulging discs

Also forgot to say I have bad neck pain and headaches that wake me up at night. And trouble grabbing things with left hand. Also I drop things randomly.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
    lugwrench82
    (male)

lugwrench82 HB User

Well, at least I'm not alone.. I'm fused from c3-c7 13 yrs. ago.. I now have t-1 t-2 herniated. I was told the surgery is too risky. I'm going to pain management next week but in the mean time I bought a 35.00 air collar for support. It helps my shoulder/arm pain. ,',

Old 07-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
    Tired daddy
    (male)

Tired daddy HB User

Hopefully the shots work for you. Seems like all the pain docs want to do. I've tried trigger point shots on my low back for 8 months, never helped. Then that doc have up on me. Now the new pain doc has tried an epiderol in my neck which just made it worse. Next week I go for a nerve block to try and stop the headaches. And then a brain MRI to make sure I don't have cancer, cause of the blurred vision, flashes of light and horrible headaches. Probably just from my neck. Good luck. Don't let them stick u too many times if it's not working, cause u could get nerve damage.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

I would suggest you also get an opinion from a fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon. Their training is similar to that of the neurosurgeon but they often approach an issue slightly differently.

It is good to have both perspectives if you are contemplating surgery. Actually even if you are not thinking about the need for surgery, the spine surgeon is the place to begin as conservative treatments will always be tried first. The spine surgeon has the most training on the structure, mechanics and diseases of the spine.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
    Tired daddy
    (male)

Tired daddy HB User

Already saw an orthopedic, when physical therapy didn't work he suggested the pain doctor. That was a year ago. Everyone treats it like it all just happened. But it was 4 years ago. Now they just want to do shots and pain meds. Don't think surgery will even be an option with all the arthritis. Even go to a pain therapist because nothing else has work and neither has that.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Sorry to belabor the point, but did you see an orthopedic spine surgeon or an orthopedic doctor?

Old 07-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #8
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

You are correct that they cannot operate for arthritis, but they can clean out the stenosis, remove osteophytes, etc. and attempt to make more room for the nerves.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #9
    Tired daddy
    (male)

Tired daddy HB User

Yes I saw a spine surgeon. He didn't want to do anything because he only did a neck MRI. Which showed a bulging disc and bone spurs. The neurosurgen had me do a cervical and thoratic MRI, which showed 2 more bulging disc. My primary doc saw the stenosis on and old neck and spine MRI. Now I have to wait a month and see what he says.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #10
    Tired daddy
    (male)

Tired daddy HB User

I'm hoping they will just cause of all the pain. Plus I have a narrow spinal canal. So something is putting pressure on the nerves. And I have other pain issues like fibromyalgia and chronic low back pain. Would be nice to get something fixed. Sucks to be 34 and have so many problems. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #11
    Tired daddy
    (male)

Tired daddy HB User

I meant to say I hope he can do something to help me. But I have so many issues that none of my doctors have been able to really help. I also see a rhyumetologist. Think i spelt that right. Also have had 2 shoulder surgeries on left shoulder for a torn tendon and rotator cuff, plus shaving of the bone for space. Then left hand surgery for carpel tunnel I'm the last 2 yrs.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #12
    Tired daddy
    (male)

Tired daddy HB User

Has Anyone had a nerve block done. Go to pain doctor next week to get one. Supposed to stop my headaches but not the pain in my neck and arm plus tingling and numbness. Just wanted to know if anyone had success with them. Other pain shots haven't worked on me. Thanks

Closed Thread