It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• MRI Lumbar Spine w/and wo/contrast

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
    Artzy1
    (female)

Artzy1 HB User
    MRI Lumbar Spine w/and wo/contrast

Grade 1 retrolisthesis of L4-L5
    L3-L4 moderate central canal stenosis
    Prior laminectomy changes are noted at l4-l5 and L5-S1
    At L4-L5 there is some epidural enhancement, likley representing epidural scar noted on the right. This causes mild mass effect on the thecal sac without significant central canal stenosis. There may be also some mild mass effect on the right neural foramina. There is severe bilateral forminal stenosis at this level which may be worse than on prior examination (2 weeks ago)
    At L5=S1 there is mild central canal stenosis, moderate right foraminal stenosis and mild left foraminal stenosis

L-5-S1 level small broad base disc bulge. Moderate bilateral facet hypertrophy. Bilateral ligaentum flavum hypertrophy.

I have had weeks of severe right leg pain and leg falling asleep constantly from mid thigh to toes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: MRI Lumbar Spine w/and wo/contrast

Welcome to the board. Have you had previous spine surgery such as a discectomy?

Old 07-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #3
    2brokebones
    (male)

2brokebones HB User
    Re: MRI Lumbar Spine w/and wo/contrast

Be careful, They said the same thing 4 years later another nero. surgeon looked back at my old mri and said that I have 2 broke bones. I went to 4 doctor's, mri, cat, scan, xray, so make sure that you have a second opinion, especially if it is a work comp case, or if you were in a wreck. Just to make it a safe judgement call on your part. Like I sad this new Nero. surgeon said that he can see plain as day that their are 2 broke bones. I hurt all the time, can not do hardly anything sometimes it my back gives out with my legs.

Closed Thread