It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• My Future

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
    nosuchlogic
    (female)

nosuchlogic HB User
    My Future

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with moderate to severe cervical cord compression. In June 2014 I had ACDF surgery done to decompress. I am now able to look upwards and my lower back no longer hurts while in bed.But my weakness has gotten worse in both legs.I am unable to walk on uneven surfaces or stairs.Walking just a short distance and my legs become weaker until I am unable to walk,and must sit for a while.It has become even harder for me to use the bathroom and can barely feel when I pee.I have to constantly hide my hands from any kind of air flow and also water hurts horribly.Recently my spine doctor told me I have cervical myelolamacia, that my nerve damage is permanent.Has any one else been diagnosed as this and having the same problems as I? Thank you for all responses. Also if this has affected anyone's sex life in a negative way,please let me know.I have no feeling in that area as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread