It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Severe cervical spinal canal stenosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
    Livingfuturenow
    (female)

Livingfuturenow HB User
    Question Severe cervical spinal canal stenosis

I've had two prior spinal surgeries and fear my next is just around the corner. My latest MRI results: redemonstration of congenital atlantoccipital fusion, with the Odontoceti process separate from the body of C2 and fused anterior arch of C1. Post surgical changes with wire fusion of the posterior spinous processes of C1 and C2. Multilevel degenerative changes are again seen with disc desiccation, exuberant anterior osteophytosis. The cervical spine also demonstrates congenital short pedicels.
    C1-C2: no significant neuroforaminal narrowing or central spinal stenosis.
    C2-C3: small posterior disc osteophyte complex with mild spinal canal stenosis.
    C3-C4: mild left unconvertebral hypertrophy with mild left more than right spinal canal stenosis.
    C4-C5: mild left unconvertebral hypertrophy with mild left more than right spinal canal stenosis.
    C5-C6: disc osteophyte complex with mild left neuroforaminal narrowing and moderate spinal canal stenosis, indenting the left more than right ventral cord
    C6-C7: disc osteophyte complex with moderate left/severe right neuroforaminal narrowing and moderate to severe spinal canal stenosis, indenting the left more than right ventral cord
    C7-T1: no significant neuroforaminal narrowing or spinal canal stenosis.
    Incidental note of a dominant left vertebral artery. No cord signal abnormality

My question is: do these results warrant surgery now? As long as no bowel/bladder issues am I to accept all other symptoms? Biggest issues: swallowing difficulty, neuropathy in hands/feet, bowling ball on a broomstick best describes my neck pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread