It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Up coming cervical fusion surgery questions about post surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-16-2015, 09:49 PM   #1
    capatga
    (female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User
    Up coming cervical fusion surgery questions about post surgery

Hello been a while since I've been here ,visited other boards and this by far the best. I will be having fusion at C6 Thru T1. I had a previous fusion at C4 / C5
    in 2002 , The discs above and below the fusion deteriorated a couple of years
    later . I waited for years to see doc about the pain that had returned . I have a neuro that I've had for ten years , she started to order Mri's . I learned that
    the titanium plate that I got in 2002 was a half inch off and one of the screws were slanted .In the mean time I am having numb hands and fingers and very weak arms .Sometimes it's an effort to hold by head up as it feels so heavy.
    Tingling under my left shoulder blade ,extremely hard to find a comfortable sleeping position because of the sharp pains in the back and side of my scull.
    I have one of the better Neurosurgeon in the DFW area and, he suggested surgery would alleviate some of the pain but probably not all since I had waited so long my recovery will be longer. My biggest concern right now is after surgery care. Has anyone had this surgery or similar and what is the after surgery like, how long will I wear the brace , how long were you sore ,do I need the wear clothes with buttons , will I have a big scar ? what is a cage ? I would greatly appreciate any experiences from the board,doc is very specific and doesn't spend a lot of talking about the little extra things that I might think is important .

Carolyn P

spinal stenosis -cord contact
    2002 cervical fusion C4/ C5
    2015 injection at L5 /S1
    Scheduled injection in neck March 18

The following user gives a hug of support to capatga:
    Hollykins1 (03-17-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread