It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

• waking up from shortness of breath - is it stress?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #1
    Marylinj
    (female)

Marylinj HB User
    waking up from shortness of breath - is it stress?

Overall, I am a pretty healthy minded person, and a healthy person. I work out everyday, I eat well, and I juice mostly vegetables. But I have been under unsurmountable stress to the point that I was only sleeping 4 hours a night, sometimes 3, for a long period of time. I have a family member who has had mental health problems for the last year and who is on heavy duty anti depressants and has been in out of the hospital. I am in my heart wanting to be there for her. And the Anti depressants don't make it easy , they make her behavior very erratic. She has called me late at night, just slurring her words. this has been going on for about a year, having to call 911 to go to her apartment and take her to emergency. She is not a teenager, she is a grown woman. It has taken everything out of me trying to encourage her to carry on and not give up. And I don't sleep well, and I wake up at 5 am with shortness of breath.

I don't do prescription drugs for sleep or anything else. Can that kind of stress cause shortness of breath? And along with not sleeping for months and months and having to get up deal with my life. If there is anyone out there who can hear me and not want to push any drugs I will be truly grateful from the bottom of my heart. Sincerely, Marylin J

Last edited by Administrator; 06-18-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2015, 04:07 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: waking up from shortness of breath

Definitely that kind of stress can cause this. Other than meds, you could try meditation, chamomile tea at bedtime, lavender bath soap and lotion before bedtime,. If you are so inclined, counseling may help as well as might prayer if you are a religious person. And just to be sure, you could have asthma testing as asthmatics whose asthma is not under control often hAve the sAme issue. Hope this gives you some options that might be helpful.

Closed Thread