It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

• Drinking heavily and stressed out

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2016, 01:21 AM   #1
    cloudyblacky
    (male)

cloudyblacky HB User
    Drinking heavily and stressed out

Hi, I have been drinking heavily for many years. I feel like I am getting worse and that there is nothing I can do to stop myself getting worse. I have been advised by my doctor to quit, but I can't imagine a life without alcohol. I am worried about myself. One of my friend suggested me to seek the help of any alcohol treatment centre in Canada like the Bellwood health services for a fast recovery. I had also suffered from panic attack and severe withdrawal symptoms. Can anybody here suggest me in this concern?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
    Sheaboy
    (male)

Sheaboy HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Drinking heavily and stressed out

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloudyblacky View Post
    Hi, I have been drinking heavily for many years. I feel like I am getting worse and that there is nothing I can do to stop myself getting worse. I have been advised by my doctor to quit, but I can't imagine a life without alcohol. I am worried about myself. One of my friend suggested me to seek the help of any alcohol treatment centre in Canada like the Bellwood health services for a fast recovery. I had also suffered from panic attack and severe withdrawal symptoms. Can anybody here suggest me in this concern?
    Hey I will copy and paste my yearly ******** post I do now on 1.11.every year regarding just your issue.....my issue...trust me you are not alone but you knew that.
    So give me a minute to get back to you.
    Sheaboy
    ok I am back and here is my post.
    THIS IS A RE POST FROM 1.11.14 SAME STORY DIFFERENT DATE..JUST CHANGING THE AMOUNT OF YEARS...AKA...A NEW
    YEAR ADDS 1 YEAR.
    Thomas Shea...
    After 28 years it is a good time to share.
    By December of 1987 I had had enough of the heavy drinking and “whatever”…. BUT had NO willpower of my own
    and ALWAYS knew I had no chance in the world to quit the substances I was addicted to.
    I had wonderful people in my life such as my family and others that I was affecting but I was out there
    like many people….
    We often only see our issues and our pain whatever it may be and not know how it directly interferes in the
    lives of others…
    When I say I could not quit I mean I could not quit!!! But my desire to be a better man/person…was getting
    very strong and as it turned out my desire moved me in the direction for the help I NEEDED!
    So on January 11, 1988 I sat down with someone who gave me the hand up I needed to change my life of
    foolishness and like MAGIC it was all in my past..I QUIT..
    Few if any believed I could maintain it and frankly I had serious doubts too, but here I am 28 years later
    and I am clean and very sober and loving it…
    IF YOUR DESIRE IS STRONG YOU WILL FIND THE SPECIAL WAY TO GET IT DONE JUST LIKE OTHERS HAVE.
    Maybe this is some ones hand up…I hope it is,
    Peace,
    Tom Shea
    p.s.I never said how I did it but that was not as important as why!!!
    Desire was very strong to stop and be free of outside control of me hence I found a Dr. of Hypnotherapist, told him my physical problems,aka.knots or withdrawls I could not handle....he said he will handle the rest of it...I actually chuckled about that and said, "really...then there is nothing more to do...". One hour with that guy and I never drank again and never had a desire to...my little miracle in my life..
    Could never locate him many years later to thank him but would love to.
    IF YOUR DESIRE IS REAL YOU WILL FIND YOUR METHOD
    Peace,
    Tom
    aka.Sheaboy

Closed Thread