It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

• Overwhelm

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
    aleksia
    (female)

aleksia HB Useraleksia HB User
    Overwhelm

I feel extremely overwhelmed, to the point where I am not able to take a deep breath. I feel that I've hit a wall mentally. I've had a huge amount of stress the last couple of years and even before that my life was stressful. I have money problems, but am not able to pull myself together anymore to try to make money to survive. My debt is growing and I am sinking. I don't know what to do. If I could, I would go to bed and stay there for a long time. I feel tired to the core.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2017, 06:27 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Overwhelm

It sounds like you might be depressed besides being overwhelmed. Do you have anyone to talk to about this? Is there someone in your life who cares enough to listen?

I experience feelings of being overwhelmed myself. To cope with it, I exercise. Even when I absolutely do not feel like going to the gym, I make myself go for 2 hours and work up a sweat. When I am done, I feel ready to take on whatever is next.

As far as money problems go, there are different things you can do. You can speak to someone who can help you with a budget. You can look for a second job or another job where you can make more money...speaking with someone can really help you to identify where there might be room for improvements in your life.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can say which is a magic wand except to tell you that many of us get overwhelmed at times...its normal. How you cope with it is key...get out of your head! Whether that means getting out with friends, going on a long walk (free), watching a movie on TV or finding professional help to get advice. Your primary care doctor can help you find someone...

Hang in there. It will get better!

Old 07-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Overwhelm

It will get better with a plan set in place regarding your debt and spending.
    The wanting to hide from it is a reaction to your anxiety....depression.
    The only way is to seek the help to get it organised and set up payments to pay your debt off, and to be responsible with your spending and ultimately saving.

Gail vas Oxlade is an excellent advisor and I believe has books available that could be of help.

q

Closed Thread