It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

• Stress and weight loss

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #1
    Thorkim
    (female)

Thorkim HB User
    Stress and weight loss

I had a physical in mid March and my weight had not changed from before and the doctor said I was healthy. All my blood work was ok, but he wanted me to come in next year for an AC1 (I think) test for my blood sugar. My blood sugar was 114 and they just wanted to check it next year.

Right after this, my husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and ever since then, my clothes have been looser and I am stressed to the max. When I'm stressed, my appetite goes south. I am eating, have never been a big eater. I'm wondering if stress could be causing this. I am scared to death to step on the scales since this happened. I do have one other symptom and that has been tingling in my toes (not the whole foot). I am now scared I could have cancer, or could it be perhaps diabetes? I know neuropathy could occur in diabetics and it runs in my family. But I'm terrified it's cancer because my husband lost some weight before he was diagnosed with his cancer and I know that is a sign of cancer too.

I go on medicare on July 1 and may possibly see someone about this. At this point, I could handle the diabetes diagnosis more than the cancer. Or, could it be simply the stress? I've got a lot on my plate right now, lost 2 family members last year, now this.

By the way, I have no discomfort or pain anywhere.

Last edited by Thorkim; 06-27-2019 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Forgot a sentence

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply