It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

• Burning Out?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
    Z2300
    (female)

Z2300 HB User
    Burning Out?

Recently, I changed jobs, full time and it's pretty okay. They are all for being flexible with my school schedule. I also work Sundays for another job which is kind of cushy, but still puts me at a 48 hour work week. Sometimes even working 13 days straight if I get scheduled extra on my full time job.
    I am going to school half-time in the evenings for one class and online for the other. I exercise 3-4 times a week. I don't have children, just cats and a husband. He does a lot of the cooking and cleans up well around the house.

So my problem is, I tend to become depressed with not enough going on or too much. I can't find a happy medium for my stressors and I'm burning out trying to keep myself from doing too little. I'm failing in my tests because I can't focus or remember anything, and then on the one, or two if I'm lucky, day(s) I have off I sleep away. I could sleep all the time if I could and I don't want to. I want to do things I loved to do before I fell asleep doing them. It makes me so freaking frustrated that I can barely stay awake at lecture even with highly caffeinated beverage in hand.

I don't know what is wrong with me or how to handle being tired all the time.
    My hemoglobin is a little low, but I'm not anemic. B12 levels were actually higher than normal.

I was diagnosed with seasonal depression 3 years ago, however the worst passed, and it was considered just that for that time in my life.
    Any idea if I'm doing too much or maybe I'm unhealthily tired?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Burning Out?

Hi z2300,

There are so many different diet regimens today that it's difficult to keep track of them. There's vegan, vegetarian, low carb, ketogenic etc. and everyone thinks their regimen is the healthiest. So whenever I ask, "how's your diet", the answer I get is, "good".

But I'll ask anyway: How's your diet? Depression can be caused by dietary deficiencies.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #3
    Z2300
    (female)

Z2300 HB User

I like to think my diet is better than average. I stopped consuming dairy due to becoming lactose intolerant and stopped eating nearly as much sugar and sodium. I eat a lot of fruit and veggies, maybe a couple times a week I eat red meat. I don't drink soda, the carbonation hurts my gums, so it's mostly water or tea. Sometimes coffee or an energy drink.

Old 10-13-2019, 08:50 AM   #4
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Here are a couple of ideas that might be helpful. B12 is good for energy production in the body and is also said to be good for memory and concentration. Although, if you already have enough B12, it won't be helpful. Same goes for iron etc. That's why a regular checkup, including bloodwork, would be very helpful.

Do you eat any fish? When it comes to brain food, fatty fish is usually at the top of the list. One or two servings per week is all you need. (But not fish oil.) My favorite is sardines and salmon. With sardines no cooking is needed. And I buy canned wild salmon so that's fairly easy too. I just remove the skin because I don't like the looks of it, but the company says it's all edible.

Also, I'm a big believer in meditation because there have been studies showing it improves the brain - certain parts of the brain actually grow larger. The hard part may be finding time for it with your schedule.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:55 AM   #5
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Hi Z300,

I can identify with what you said. I work 8 to 10 hour days, 5 days a week. It can be exhausting for me, for some reason. It is helful that your husband is there to support you, and help with household duties. I think you need more sleep, but with your work schedule it might be difficult. Hang in there, it will be fine. Do something for you, like read a book, get some candles and meditate, or just lay in bed with soft music playing. Hopefully, you will have time to yourself so you can do these things.

Reply Reply