It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

• GAD and feeling lightheaded.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2002, 07:31 PM   #1
    clownx

clownx HB User
    GAD and feeling lightheaded.

Hello,

I am new to this board. but let me talke about myself for a minute. I am a 29 year old male that was diagnosed with GAD, and other disorders that dont show up in the blood or any CAT scan MRI scan. i have had this constant feeling of being lightheaded along with feeling weak and always WIRED! the doctors have ruled out tumores and other seriuos health problems, i have been on diferent kind of antidepresants and antianxiety drugs, and none have helped me so far!!!!!

I am ready to lose my mind. How is it possible to feel these symptoms and not find anything wrong with me other than its in my HEAD.. Does anybody else out there know what i am talking about? this constant feeling of lightheadness and weekness is all part of this ANXEITY DISORDER, how many people experience this feeling?

I am currently taking

Zoloft
    Klonopin
    Buspar
    Trazadone

On some of these drugs i take low doses, beacuse i am realy sensitive to all the side effects.

I would raly like to hear from someone who has felt the same way as i do, and know that i am not alone in this nightmare.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2002, 07:37 PM   #2
    nervousdave

nervousdave HB User
    Re: GAD and feeling lightheaded.

hi,

welcome to the club! bet you wish it were a different club though. :-0

have you determined any trigers for your anxiety? for instance, going to the store, driving, talking in large crowds, etc.? is there a place or situation that they typically crop up?

nd

Old 07-07-2002, 07:48 PM   #3
    lelalo

lelalo HB User

Welcome, you came to the right place. You are not alone - it is very frustrating, but the people on these boards are very helpful. I, too, experience what you are talking about and have not yet been able to get the dizziness to subside. But I am hoping that there will be a day that I will. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2002, 07:49 PM   #4
    clownx

clownx HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nervousdave:
    <B>hi,

welcome to the club! bet you wish it were a different club though. :-0

have you determined any trigers for your anxiety? for instance, going to the store, driving, talking in large crowds, etc.? is there a place or situation that they typically crop up?

nd</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the welcome!
    I realy dont know what triggers the lightheaded feeling, beacuse it is constant, feels like i am on a boat 24/7.

Old 07-07-2002, 07:51 PM   #5
    lelalo

lelalo HB User

Clownx,

Read Nervousdave's post below yours - you are not alone!

Old 07-07-2002, 08:10 PM   #6
    toddyboy

toddyboy HB User

Hey Clownx. Were you lightheaded before going on the meds? I'm not on any meds and I've been lightheaded for the past 7 or 8 months. I've done a great deal of research on the web and have concluded that Epstein-Barr is the cause of my lightheadedness. It causes a condition known as NMH (neurally-mediated hypotension) where the blood pressure drops after standing for long periods or when taking a hot shower. For me, I feel it when i'm in the shower or walking. I had mono last year so it was easy for me to find out that that was the cause of my lightheadedness. Not sure if this is your problem or if the meds are causing your lightheadedness. Hope this helps.

Todd

Old 07-07-2002, 08:19 PM   #7
    clownx

clownx HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toddyboy:
    <B>Hey Clownx. Were you lightheaded before going on the meds? I'm not on any meds and I've been lightheaded for the past 7 or 8 months. I've done a great deal of research on the web and have concluded that Epstein-Barr is the cause of my lightheadedness. It causes a condition known as NMH (neurally-mediated hypotension) where the blood pressure drops after standing for long periods or when taking a hot shower. For me, I feel it when i'm in the shower or walking. I had mono last year so it was easy for me to find out that that was the cause of my lightheadedness. Not sure if this is your problem or if the meds are causing your lightheadedness. Hope this helps.

Todd</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was diagnosed 6 years ago with CFIDS, since there was no other explanation for my symptoms, but i have been tested twice for the Epstien Virus and all the test shows is that i had a previous infection, but not current!

Thanks

Old 07-07-2002, 08:29 PM   #8
    toddyboy

toddyboy HB User

Clownx:

NMH is actually associated with CFIDS (in one study they found that 22 out of 23 people with CFIDS were diagnosed as having NMH), not Epstein-Barr but I believe there is a correlation between CFIDS and EBV even though that is controversial. Being that you were diagnosed with CFIDS, there is a distinct possibility that your lightheadedness is caused by that. How long have you been lightheaded? Did it start shortly after going on those meds? If not, then EBV is most likely the culprit.

Old 07-07-2002, 09:27 PM   #9
    lelalo

lelalo HB User

toddyboy,

I was just diagnosed with sinus tachycardia (high heart rate) and orthostatic low bp - I am starting Florinef to help raise my bp - I am dizzy all of the time. Have you ever tried or heard of Florinef?

Old 07-07-2002, 09:28 PM   #10
    clownx

clownx HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toddyboy:
    <B>Clownx:

NMH is actually associated with CFIDS (in one study they found that 22 out of 23 people with CFIDS were diagnosed as having NMH), not Epstein-Barr but I believe there is a correlation between CFIDS and EBV even though that is controversial. Being that you were diagnosed with CFIDS, there is a distinct possibility that your lightheadedness is caused by that. How long have you been lightheaded? Did it start shortly after going on those meds? If not, then EBV is most likely the culprit.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been lightheaded for the last 6 to 7 years, somtimes more severe than others, and yes i was lightheaded before i started the meds.
    If it is NMH what is it that i can do for it?

Thanks

Old 07-07-2002, 09:30 PM   #11
    clownx

clownx HB User

[This message has been edited by clownx (edited 07-07-2002).]

By the way. My blood pressure is always normal!<p>[This message has been edited by clownx (edited 07-07-2002).]

Old 07-08-2002, 08:11 AM   #12
    Stardan

Stardan HB User

Sometimes it takes a little "trial & errror" to get the right combination of medicine. I was on about 4 different combinations - ended up with paxil.

Hang in there!.

Old 07-08-2002, 11:50 AM   #13
    toddyboy

toddyboy HB User

Clownx:

People with NMH will not have low bp in normal situations. Their bp tends to drop when standing for long periods of time or while taking a hot shower. The only way to test for this is by what's called a tilt table test. The only treatment I know of is with meds (I believe beta-blockers). Being a Certified Nutritionist and health food store owner, I prefer natural remedies such as a product for the immune system called ImmPower. It's used for CFIDS, cancer and any disease involving the immune system.

A good way to learn about NMH and the testing that is done for it is to go to a search engine, such as ***********, and type in NMH or tilt table test. There will plenty of info for you to read on the subject. Good luck.

Old 07-08-2002, 02:51 PM   #14
    Subie

Subie HB User

Hi Clownx,
    I can relate to you and your symptoms to the T. I searched for a year to find out why I was lightheaded/dizzy 24/7. Went to many, many Dr's and had many tests - all normal which I am very grateful for that. I finally concluded this was all because of anxiety. I have been taking 25mg of amitryptiline for almost two months now and some days I have no lightheadedness at all! Believe me there are still days that are awful or I start out great and it gets worse as the day progresses, but I'm so grateful for those good days or moments.
    I hope this helps.
    Take care

Old 07-08-2002, 05:15 PM   #15
    lelalo

lelalo HB User

Toddyboy,

I had the tilt table test done and that's how they diagnosed my orthostatic low bp (it drops after standing, eating, getting up in a.m.) Do you know of any natural herbs to help with this?

Closed Thread