It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board

• Mini stroke

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
    Duffy13
    (female)

Duffy13 HB User
    Unhappy Mini stroke

I had a mini stroke Feb 26, 2019. I have problem with my taste. Nothing tastes like before. I get up in AM to have breakfast and the smell of eggs and toast turns me off. Eggs just don't taste right. It's not just breakfast either. I used to be a cholocoholic and now even that turns me off. My husband likes to fix these big elaaborate breakfasts and gets irratated when I don't wnat to eat. I don't even don't like my favorite hot chocolate. I lost about 10 lbs and am trying my best to eat but don't know what else to do. Does anyone else have a problem with their taste of foods?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Mini stroke

Sad to hear about your stroke.

Are you on any medications or supplements....some can change perception of taste.

I haven't had a stroke, but I can understand the change in taste experience. It's a huge loss when foods one loves are off.

q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
    Duffy13 (05-11-2019)
    Old 05-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #3
    Duffy13
    (female)

Duffy13 HB User

On two blood thinners. No supplements. In checking on internet I found that some people do experience change in taste after a stroke. Hopefully it will get better with time.

Old 05-12-2019, 11:43 PM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I tend to believe it's the stroke if the meds you're on don't state it as a side effect.

I hope you gain it back, especially to eat what you usually enjoy. In the meantime, there are shakes, smoothies, etc that might help you keep up your weight if they are without anything artificial. Boost has a protein powder that can be mixed into home made shakes, fruit or veggie smoothies, etc. It may also kick in your taste buds?

I wish you well in your recovery.

q

The following user gives a hug of support to quincy:
    Duffy13 (05-13-2019)
    Reply Reply