It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board

• a bit OT - gifts for the partially paralyzed

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
    lbb87
    (male)

lbb87 HB User
    a bit OT - gifts for the partially paralyzed

My grandfather is partially paralyzed from a stroke. He only has use of one arm and one leg. So now he spends his time watching TV and sleeping where as before he was quite busy and active.

Since he doesn't do anything, I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. He doesn't watch DVDs or listen to music. I'm pretty sure he can no longer read or write due to the stroke. He can't draw/paint anymore. I can't figure out what to get him. People get him things but he doesn't use them because it's too much of a hassle. He used to love taking pictures so he was given a digital camera to make it easier for him but he doesn't take pictures anymore.

It doesn't do any good to give him a gift card because both him and my aunt will lose it. I once decided to make a coupon where I would do whatever he wanted me to do (like chores) anytime he wanted and he wouldn't have to feel guilty for asking me to do them. But that didn't work out so well.

Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is a bag of food for his wild animals. They have a big piece of property and they have lots of birds, squirrels, and deer that eat there. He loves feeding them. He must have a zillion bird feeders out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread