It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board

• Heat Stroke

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
    Sarbear
    (female)

Sarbear HB User
    Heat Stroke

I hope this is the right place to post. I am a 29 yr old female and about a year ago I had a weird experience while out of town for a job interview and apartment hunt. It was in early August so a very hot time of year and my car's ac was not working. I was really stressed out having to drive and locate all these places, not to mention the stress of landing a job. I don't think at the time I realized how hot I was, I was just in "go" mode.

I spent the night in a motel. I showered and cooled off, ate some take out food. Everything fine.

My mom called to see how my day went and as I was talking to her, something "zapped" the top left side of my head. It literally felt like a bolt of electricity. I started shaking and dropped the phone. I fell to the floor and must have been out for 2-3 seconds, because when I opened my eyes I forgot where I was or what I was doing. It was only after I saw the phone on the floor I remembered I was talking on the phone. I didn't want to freak out my mom so when she asked what happened I told her I tripped. It has not happened since, so I thought it might have been heat related. Has anyone experienced this and should I get checked out even if it hasn't happened again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread