HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Stroke (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/stroke/)
-   -   seizure or mini-stroke? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/stroke/815773-seizure-mini-stroke.html)

neneng46 10-18-2010 01:24 PM

seizure or mini-stroke?

last couple months the teacher of my mentlaly delayed son and the other staff told me in the phone my son(14 YEARS OLD) stand up,curved position, frozen, hsi eyes rolling . i thought he was just joking to his teacher coz i seen him not much at home but ok after that. it doesn't bother me until the teacher and Behaviorial consultant came with me to see our family doctor to share this situation which i was shocked to hear formt he teacher that my son died for a couple minutes. i was speechless.

my question to them why i didnot know this or did they called an ambulance? the SW try to check it. but i just want to know if this is a mini stroke coz the neurologist and his nruse said its nto seizure which i beleived so what is it? a mini stroke. he ahd more sign sicne he was alittle. he was normal baby till he was 1/1/2 years old. his speech just drop

all the medical test are all normal and nothign they could test anymore now I ask fro mini stroke test but no response yet. so please help. MERCY

Chloe1252 10-19-2010 07:45 AM

Re: seizure or mini-stroke?

No one here could even give a guess as to what happened to your son, or to what caused it. However it doesn't sound like any stroke I ever heard of.

What did the people at school say when you asked them why an ambulance was not called?

writeleft 10-26-2010 03:44 PM

I am so sorry to hear of this scary incident with your child. It sounds like someone at the school needs to give you some answers, perhaps you need to create a formal letter to inquire about what happened that day, and who was in charge, who witnessed it, etc. Do you have access to a social worker who could help draft such a letter ?

How is he doing today?

92261 10-26-2010 07:10 PM

neneng46: It could have been a TIA. Has he had an EEG and an MRI to see what's going on in his brain? He should also be tested for diabetes because if his blood sugar is too low that could cause seizure-like activity. Keep looking for answers and find another doctor if you have to. Have his endocrine system checked as well.

Positive Cynic 10-29-2010 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=neneng46;4589617]last couple months the teacher of my mentlaly delayed son and the other staff told me in the phone my son(14 YEARS OLD) stand up,curved position, frozen, hsi eyes rolling . i thought he was just joking to his teacher coz i seen him not much at home but ok after that. it doesn't bother me until the teacher and Behaviorial consultant came with me to see our family doctor to share this situation which i was shocked to hear formt he teacher that my son died for a couple minutes. i was speechless.

my question to them why i didnot know this or did they called an ambulance? the SW try to check it. but i just want to know if this is a mini stroke coz the neurologist and his nruse said its nto seizure which i beleived so what is it? a mini stroke. he ahd more sign sicne he was alittle. he was normal baby till he was 1/1/2 years old. his speech just drop

all the medical test are all normal and nothign they could test anymore now I ask fro mini stroke test but no response yet. so please help. MERCY[/QUOTE]

neneng46,
Hello my friend. This sounds more than any of us here can help except for support. We do care very much here. I am not a doctor obviously, but I can say that I have a nephew that has a brain tumor. His actions sound closely to what happened to your son. With the eyes rolling and freezing. Has that been looked at yet for him? I would never try to give any advice, I am just saying that my nephew has that some similar effects. I can tell you that from my stroke, my eyes did not roll around and I did not freeze. So maybe get anyother opition? It just sounds like my nephew what happened to him. It is very hard and emotional for you now, but look at all options that you can. I hope that helps you.
God Bless,
tim

sjb 10-29-2010 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=neneng46;4589617]last couple months the teacher of my mentlaly delayed son and the other staff told me in the phone my son(14 YEARS OLD) stand up,curved position, frozen, hsi eyes rolling . i thought he was just joking to his teacher coz i seen him not much at home but ok after that. it doesn't bother me until the teacher and Behaviorial consultant came with me to see our family doctor to share this situation which i was shocked to hear formt he teacher that my son died for a couple minutes. i was speechless.

[COLOR="Purple"]Just before this point did he have any medicines?[/COLOR]

all the medical test are all normal

[COLOR="purple"]What tests did he have?[/COLOR]

and nothign they could test anymore now I ask fro mini stroke test but no response yet. so please help.

[COLOR="purple"]I have a book that says some people eliminate seizures when they find out what substances they are allergic to and avoid them such as nutrasweet, MSG, food additives junk food etc. [/COLOR]

MERCY[/QUOTE]

Positive Cynic 10-29-2010 12:15 PM

hi.
In the situation of my nephew. there was no warning or anything, just like my stroke. It could be allergies that is for sure if there is not other symptons. It can be a mystery. I am sorry for your dilema. Are you sure the MRI told you nothing was wrong with your son? our brain functions can make doctors confused too. I wish you for the best.
tim