It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board

• So confused

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
    cruzm
    (female)

cruzm HB User
    Re: So confused

Dear George, this hospital stay is like a roller coaster ride! Somedays are discouraging, some other days, are like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... The doctor said today, patience is the key ingredient during this critical time, and he also said that 'every day brings its own worries', which is very wise. We just long for peaceful times, and I hope and pray that they will come.
    I have read so much about strokes, and the only conclusion I come to, is that we are (survivors and care givers) walking through a dark forest, with scary sounds and all, but God is leading the way.
    I stopped asking questions to the neurologists, and only focus in the advice of the therapists. Every time I begin to even get a little bit discouraged, I remember your posts, and all the other brave survivor's posts, and feel better again.
    I pray for a great tomorrow for every one on this board. God bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2013, 04:38 AM   #17
    ewhitfield
    (female)

ewhitfield HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cruzm View Post
    Dear George, this hospital stay is like a roller coaster ride! Somedays are discouraging, some other days, are like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... The doctor said today, patience is the key ingredient during this critical time, and he also said that 'every day brings its own worries', which is very wise. We just long for peaceful times, and I hope and pray that they will come.
    I have read so much about strokes, and the only conclusion I come to, is that we are (survivors and care givers) walking through a dark forest, with scary sounds and all, but God is leading the way.
    I stopped asking questions to the neurologists, and only focus in the advice of the therapists. Every time I begin to even get a little bit discouraged, I remember your posts, and all the other brave survivor's posts, and feel better again.
    I pray for a great tomorrow for every one on this board. God bless.
    Dear Cruzm, you're right about the ups and downs and the doctors are right about the patience. Yesterday the respiratory gave my dad sips of juice and milk. According to my brother he was able to swallow. I was also informed that's dad was more awake and trying to talk. Prior to this event, I had taken a swab of mouthwash and water to clean his mouth. He knew to swish this around and spat it out. Sorry for the visual but to me it was a good sign. He was also plaed in a chair and wheeled out and he was saying hi to people. He was wiped out so now he's sleeping a lot. Sleep heals. Have faith my friend. I think about you and pray for you and your father.

The following user gives a hug of support to ewhitfield:
    cruzm (09-26-2013)
    The Following User Says Thank You to ewhitfield For This Useful Post:
    cruzm (09-26-2013)
    Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #18
    cruzm
    (female)

cruzm HB User

Dear ewhitfield, I am so happy to read about your dad's improvements! I think being able to drink milk and juice it's such a positive step. And wash his mouth! That is so great and huge! From now on the challenges are going to be of a gentler kind. I thank God for your dad's recovery and pray for new improvements every day.
    As for my dad, I am sad because he seemed to be doing a little bit better, but after the gastrostomy, he seems to have taken 10 steps back. May be the sedatives they gave him during the procedure, put him in a delirium state. He sleeps, but not the peaceful kind of sleep you are thankful for. It's a restless kind of sleep, that its so sad to see. I don't know what will come next, I just pray for God's perfect plans in the midst of this sad situation.
    Thank you for sharing your hope with me, I really appreciate your prayers and positive thoughts.
    I keep praying for your dad's amazing recovery and for strength and peace of mind in your life. God bless.

The following user gives a hug of support to cruzm:
    ewhitfield (10-11-2013)
    The Following User Says Thank You to cruzm For This Useful Post:
    ewhitfield (10-11-2013)
    Old 10-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #19
    cruzm
    (female)

cruzm HB User
    Smile Re: So confused

One month after my dad's stroke I have learnt not to believe every thing the doctors say, it's ok to cry or feel mad sometimes (but when I am not near his bed), taking care of my self means taking care of him too, rehabilitation is the key to progress, but above all, I have learnt God's love is with us and faith is the fire that keeps us going. Love is every thing, and as painful as this situation might be, being strong and together around my dad has been a blessing. Hope is the best fuel. Thanks for the encouragement I have received, I'll have you all in my prayers.

Closed Thread

Tags
    confused, dad, stroke, surgery complications