It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board

• 23 months post stroke

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
    guyp
    (male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User
    23 months post stroke

Hey guys,
    23 months and counting. Progressive stroke symptoms. Left hand and foot are much stiffer to move. It makes me move them much more while I'm sitting. Head bobs on its own. It kind of bothers my wife and sixteen year old. It doesn't mean much to me. I have much more muscle pain. But hey. I'm here and not six feet under. I like being here. Just thought I would give an update to alll my friends out there. Peace to you all.

Last edited by guyp; 05-14-2014 at 06:55 AM.

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: guyp
    goingtorun (05-14-2014),Iwamura (05-14-2014),Jill P (05-15-2014),shug767 (05-19-2014)
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guyp For This Useful Post:
    goingtorun (05-14-2014),Iwamura (05-14-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2014, 03:08 AM   #2
    goingtorun
    Veteran
    (male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
    Re: 23 months post stroke

G'day guyp,
    Lately I have not been able to lift my right(bad side) foot as far as I should. In the four years since my stroke I had tipped and fallen once, till two months ago. In that period of time I have managed to fall quite heavily 3 times, on what was my good knee.
    I have grain a considerable amount of weight, but 3 times in two months? and all 3 times have been while climbing stairs.
    My balance has been a bit off lately, the doctor can not give me any answers. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens next on the long road to recovery.
    Mate I wish I could give you some answers.
    Well I guess, when we wake if the handle is on the inside of the door were doing ok.
    God bless.
    George....

Last edited by goingtorun; 05-14-2014 at 03:11 AM.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: goingtorun
    guyp (05-14-2014),Iwamura (05-14-2014),shug767 (05-19-2014)
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goingtorun For This Useful Post:
    guyp (05-14-2014),Iwamura (05-14-2014)
    Old 05-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
    Iwamura
    (female)

Iwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB User

Hello my friends.....good to hear from you guys. I'm at 23 months also. Right hand almost completely numb and hard to make a fist, right knee and inner thigh numb, right foot also. Kinda feel stiff and swollen if that makes any sense. I'm still working and chuggin along!

Sincerely,
    Iwamura

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Iwamura
    goingtorun (05-15-2014),guyp (05-15-2014),shug767 (05-19-2014)
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iwamura For This Useful Post:
    goingtorun (05-15-2014),guyp (05-15-2014)
    Old 05-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
    guyp
    (male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User

I know. I have a leather stripe down my neck my outer left thigh and my outer left calf with numbness as well. It feels stiff and swollen but it is just the feeling I think. Thanks for writing Iwamura.

Closed Thread