It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Suggestions for New Boards Message Board

• Feeling spacey, not dizzy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-16-2000, 10:07 AM   #1
    jrh
    Inactive

jrh HB User
    Question Feeling spacey, not dizzy

For many years I have had constant fullness or pain around my ears, face, eyes, and temples. More annoying than the pain, however, has been a constant spacey or detached feeling. It sort of feels like you might after having one or two drinks - not at all drunk, but slightly out of it.

I have had many, many tests and have been given many different drug and non drug treatments with no success. I noticed several posts on the old inner ear board which seemed similar to this. My doctor has told me that it fits no currently recognized diagnosis and that I might find help from this type of forum.

This syndrome does not include classic dizziness, hearing loss, or acute pain such as sinusitis brings. TMJ treatments, including splints, have had no effects.

I'm looking for others who have experienced this. Let's put our experiences together and help one another! Please post your message to encourage others. E-mail if you want to establish a dialogue about this ([email protected])

------------------
    jrh

[This message has been edited by jrh (edited 12-16-2000).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2000, 05:39 PM   #2
    cmb5520
    Inactive

cmb5520 HB User
    Is this constant or does it come and go?
    If it is the latter, I used to expirience something very similar to this. The most frustrating part is it is very difficult to describe this feeling. It used to affect my school and social life, mainly because I could not focus on one thing at a time or communicate well while "spaced out" as I used to jokingly refer to it. I wish I could tell you the magic remedy that cured me, but honestly it just went away. I was fairly young when it was at it's peak intensity, and was unable to verbalize the sensation. It gradually lessened and now rarely plauges me, usually only when I am in a chaotic environment or near a very loud speaker (heavy bass seems to trigger it for some odd reason). Sorry I could not be better help.

Closed Thread