It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board

• Suggestions needed please...Epstein-Barr

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #16
    dkelley59
    (male)

dkelley59 HB User
    Re: Suggestions needed please...Epstein-Barr

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
    EBV remains dormant in your body forever but it will not always be active, likely for the majority of the time, this virus is inactive. It can not be removed from your body and if a doctor is feeding you that bull, maybe you need to find you a different doctor.
    Yes it is true that the virus does not leave the body once you become infected, but why is there not a way to reduce the viral load and thus reduce symptoms and suffering. People with HIV , HEP-C etc are treated with drugs to reduse the amount of active virus in the blood. So why is there not a drug to do the same for EBV. The reason in my opinion is the lack of belief from the medical community of this disease. I myself have had conversations with the head of viralogy at the CDC and told that I did not have active virus even though my IGg titers were measured at 3504 by my GP. He told me that I must have some other health issue causing me to feel this way even though my doctor could not find anything in my blood work up other than the high EBV titers. The problem with our disease is that the medical community does not believe in it as a whole the way they do with HIV/AIDS HEP-C etc. God forbid I don't want HIV or anything like it but at least there are drugs now that allow these people to live a pretty normal life. Majic Johnson is a perfect example of this. We however are sentenced to years and years of suffering because we are not dieing from this disease . Well let me tell you we are all dieing inside, our spirits broken from the misery we suffer on a daily basis from this plague. I believe in quality of life not quanity. As long as we suffer to make it through a day with with no joy or energy we are dead or maybe worsre. Until we find a way to make noise and skake things up no one hears.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread