It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

I'm 16 and scared to meet up with her

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Skyline32
(male)

Skyline32 HB User
I'm 16 and scared to meet up with her

OK, so the thing is I am aware that i have social anxiety and have a lack of self confidence. So how it started, I was ivited to a party with all my friends over a school break, and I decided to actually go for once instead of making excuses and putting it off, so I was proud of my self for going to it. The party started out with me chatting to a friend for a bit when he then handed me some alcohol, I said I might as well get a little drunk and see what it's all about,so as you know when you get drunk your confidence shoots up and we were all having great fun when suddenly I bumped into this girl, she was short and so beautiful (even though I was tipsy and full of confidence I struggled to talk) but we began to talk and kinda got to know each other. After talking for some time she dragged me into a room and we started to kiss (yes I am 16 and this was my first proper kiss xD ) and I instantly fell in love, so we continued for the rest of the night until I had to go home. I then realized after how much my lack of confidence was stopping me from having fun. So as the week went by we continued to talk on ******** and we were really enjoying each others company and then she asked me to meet up later that week, at the time I was so excited and all for the idea so I agreed,as the time came closer I began to doubt myself and started to think negative about the whole idea, and I felt really sick for the days before so I thought just to save my self all the worrying,I cancelled it. I regreted it so much, the one chance I get, invited by a kind and beautiful girl I decided to let my lack of confidence get the better of me... Has anyone else similar storys,or can help me? Thanks for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: I'm 16 and scared to meet up with her

give it another shot! reach out to her and strike up another conversation and see if you can turn it into something!

Old 10-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #3
movielover40
Senior Veteran
(male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

Never hurts to ask her again. All she can say is no...

Old 10-31-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
lenvegas
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User

Hi, yeah, you bring back some memories for me when I read your story. At 16, I had bad acne and little confidence when a girl in my class approached me and we started talking and I asked if she wanted to see a movie and she accepted and became my first real girlfriend which boosted my confidence immensely. I agree with the others and just ask her out again and just make a list in your head of what to talk about so you can keep the conversation flowing. For you or any other guy at 16, it is always better to ask and be rejected rather than never asking at all, it's all part of growing up. Good luck to you.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #5
Skyline32
(male)

Skyline32 HB User

Thanks for that im actually good friends with her now

Old 12-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #6
Skyline32
(male)

Skyline32 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
give it another shot! reach out to her and strike up another conversation and see if you can turn it into something!
Hey! yeah i gave it another shot, we are pretty good friends now

Closed Thread