It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• ok guys reply to this please..girls to i guess, i dont care just someone reply

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2001, 09:58 PM   #1
    Prinzessmari

Prinzessmari HB User
    Unhappy ok guys reply to this please..girls to i guess, i dont care just someone reply

hows that for a title? lol?
    ok well heres my deal,,my moms job moves alot and i just go w/it. I will be starting my 4 highschool when the summer is over and i am a junior, but thats not my problem. I have been known to cut myself when i get mad, or frustrated, but noone knows. Anyways, i just moved here and i dont know anyone. I've never had a boyfriend b4 and i really want one, so i figure i'll meet some guys here and get on w/my life. but the only problem is. I am embarrassed of where i live. That might sound really conceited or something, but thats not how i mean for it to sound, i just dont know how else to put it. So my ? is do guys care about where a girl lives or what?...My mom says this house is only for the summer but she has been known to lie a little. So could anyone help me out here...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2001, 01:39 PM   #2
    Jester
    Inactive

Jester HB User
    You don't have to bring your friends over to your house. Go over to theirs, or find some good hangouts. Just don't offer your place as a hang out. Once you are happy with where you live, then your friends can come over. Don't feel bad about it, teenagers can be cruel about anything. You can't guarantee who you are bringing home, you could bring someone who you think is a good person, and it turns out they only think about status. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2001, 04:09 PM   #3
    ms freckles

ms freckles HB User
    Question

Prin...... Is you house a good thing or bad thing?? You embrassed because of the location? the condition? or becuase it is bigger and better than anyones else's??

Old 06-08-2001, 12:45 AM   #4
    guy17

guy17 HB User
    hey babe.

dont worry, im sure the guy will love you no matter where you live. hes not going out with your house afterall . is he

Old 06-08-2001, 03:47 PM   #5
    Prinzessmari

Prinzessmari HB User
    my house is just AHHH...its gross, too small. there are 4 people in my room and 4 in the other...we're not poor or anything its just annoying...its dirty..I'M TALKING DIRTY...has anyone seen that mtv movie"joes apartment" thats what it looks like w/o the roaches...
    prinzess

Old 06-10-2001, 09:31 PM   #6
    king0770

king0770 HB User
    yeah dont worry about it. the by far hottest girl at my school lives in a pretty crappy area but that never really mattered to anyone being attracted to her or being her friends. she usually avoided people goin to her house and that nevered bothered anyone.

Old 06-22-2001, 01:49 AM   #7
    friendlione
    Veteran
    (female)

friendlione HB User
    This seems like the obvious question:
    how about cleaning it up?

Old 06-23-2001, 03:04 PM   #8
    Prinzessmari

Prinzessmari HB User
    OK you say "clean it up" like its really that easy. This house has been cleaned, but its IMPOSSIBLE! Well things for me just don't get any better, now my mom wants to put chickens out in the front yard...Has anyone had a mother w/just weird ideas. A few days ago she wanted to build a house out of tires, and then it was hay,,oh and i forgot to mention her idea of a metal house, made from a shed..OH DEAR GOD!

Old 06-25-2001, 11:11 AM   #9
    Babernethy

Babernethy HB User
    IT sounds like your mother is ' the mother of invention'. It also sounds like you don't like what your mother decides to do....and that maybe your problem is not where you live, but who you live with!
    Everyones idea of 'the perfect house' is different. My wife and I have 'garbage' hanging from the walls! We always keep our eyes open for items thrown away, for reuse.
    Over my fireplace is an antique 7' long lumberjack saw which I took out of the garbage while the people who own the house watched. I smiled at them and said 'thank you!' I am constantly on the prowl for discarded wood and have made thousands of dollars, turning it into usefull items and then reselling them to STORES! I have been written up in several magazines and newspapers for my 'enviro-sensitive' ideas.
    There is nothing wrong with straw bale houses, or even ones made from old tires. They are efficient, environmentally friendly, and very cost efficient.
    Maybe you should read up on the environment, you might get a different slant on what your mother is doing, namely trying to make a better place for you and her in this world.
    B

Old 07-05-2001, 11:17 PM   #10
    dk16

dk16 HB User
    I'm a guy and not to sound like a horrible, shallow person but I wouldn't date any girls that lived in a trailer park. So my answer is, I guess SOME guys care where a girl lives. Now, to help things out so people don't hate me for dissing trailer parks: If the girl I met and liked really impressed me and kept me thinking about her, etc,etc and then I found out about her trailer then I wouldn't care...anyway..maybe that helped.

Old 07-06-2001, 12:54 AM   #11
    Lonley_Lad

Lonley_Lad HB User
    Talking

I dont care where anyone lives! If i get on with them good then thats all that matters to me!

Old 07-06-2001, 10:18 AM   #12
    Prinzessmari

Prinzessmari HB User
    ok well my mom is beginning to look for another house, and I just want to say thanks to everyone that posted here, THANKS!!! You've really helped me out...

I also wanted to say one more thing to DK16: You shouldn't *not date a girl* just b/c she lives in a trailor. Most teens can't do anything about where they live and have no say in the issue, b/c, they are not the ones paying the bills and as long as they are under their parents roof, then its their parents decision. If you dont date a girl, b/c you dont like her house, then you could miss out on some of the most amazing people you'll ever meet, over material things, such as a house...

Closed Thread