It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Do I eat too much?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2001, 06:33 PM   #1
    jamie thomas

jamie thomas HB User
    Post Do I eat too much?

Hey everyone. I am 16 years old. I am starting to get the feeling that I overeat. As soon as I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is get something to eat. Then at about 12 or so I'll eat something for lunch. Then around dinner I'll eat a lot of food. Here is what I ate today.

Breakfast: Blueberry muffin and coffee
    Lunch: Bowl of Top Ramen without the flavoring
    Dinner: 2 plates of chinese wok'd vegetables and a box of hot tamales.

I never feel like I'm overeating. I only eat when I'm hungry. Hell, I am hungry all the time, so I starve once in a while. I'm not overweight either. I'm about 115 and 5 foot 6. But my stomach feels bloated alot of the time. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2001, 12:23 PM   #2
    sdp
    Veteran
    (male)

sdp HB User
    Welcome to the world of teenage eating. When I was your age, I also ate a huge amount. Once I ate 2 1/2 half-pound burgers, 2 plates of fries and a couple of large glasses of coke; another time I ate a whole medium sized pizza, how about 2 large steaks, potatoes bread, salad etc... Unless your getting fat because of it, I wouldn't worry about it. You'll grow out of this phase.

Old 12-10-2001, 02:54 PM   #3
    jamie thomas

jamie thomas HB User
    Oh yeah. Also, I am a vegetarian.

Old 12-10-2001, 06:53 PM   #4
    Tricky

Tricky HB User
    jamie,
    That sounds perfectly normal to me! Don't let yourself get caught up in dieting and all that silliness. What you described is perfectly healthy!

Old 12-11-2001, 05:48 AM   #5
    jamie thomas

jamie thomas HB User
    Oh yeah, and if you didn't know. I am a boy, if the screen name leads you to think otherwise...

Old 12-12-2001, 12:15 PM   #6
    Babernethy

Babernethy HB User
    You don't eat as much as I do at the age of 40! I am 5'8" and about 76kg (160 lbs for you anti-metric people)
    and have just got to the weight I have been trying to get to since I was in my 20's! The doctor has said I have been UNDERWEIGHT for 20 years!
    My breakfast...a large bowl of cereal with fruit, and a glass of water with supplements. Or 3-4 eggs with at least 2 pcs of toast (whole grain) OR 5-6 pcs of toast with Jam. I've also been known to consume a lb of bacon at breakfast!
    Lunch...2 sandwiches (or left over dinner) with a large bottle of water and 2 to 3 fruits.
    Dinner: Large plate of organic pasta with meat, half an organic chicken with organic veggies, 2 organic steaks/organic pork chops with organic veggies.
    I eat on average 2200-2800 calories a day.
    You are NOT eating too much...it depends on your metabolism...mine is very high and you are a teenager...you need the food if your body is craving it!
    Get into the habit of drinking MORE water...lack of water has been clinically proven to trigger the hunger feeling.
    Have a great life! Buy organic and enjoy REAL food!
    B

Old 12-12-2001, 02:40 PM   #7
    DJOY

DJOY HB User
    hey, im a 16 year old girl and i eat TONS of food 2 and im not overweight (about 96 lbs, 5 feet) heck i eat way more than u. u describe a perfectly normal food mene. my stomach will feel a bit bloated and well, round, some days, but its just a phase. i've been eating this way for the past couple years now. don't worry!!! DJOY

Old 02-19-2002, 10:52 AM   #8
    Kathrin
    Inactive

Kathrin HB User
    Hey,
    I would say what you eat sounds very normal.
    And anyway, if you eat when you are hungry, and don't get overweight, that means you are eating just what your body needs!
    Don't try to eat less if your body needs the nutrition, otherwise you may just mess up your body and metabolism or whatever.

K.

Old 02-24-2002, 11:58 PM   #9
    georgiegirl

georgiegirl HB User
    It doesn't sound like you are eating too much too me. It also sounds like you are eating fairly healthy foods.

But, for your height, it seems like you are slightly underweight, which can be as dangerous as being overweight. If you are truly concerned that you are eating to much, talk to your doctor. He/she should be able to tell you how much you can eat and still stay healthy. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2002, 03:14 PM   #10
    ihateacne20

ihateacne20 HB User
    Thumbs up

hey..you-re definitely ok..I weightlift and run a lot so I need extra cals..but heres my typical day..Im about 130..5"5

Breakfast: 2 waffles, 3 eggs, yogurt and a banana
    Lunch-tuna sandwich, apple orange, and juice
    snack after school- boost energy drink..and Chex Morning Mix
    Dinner-whatever my parents make..tonite it was rice,mixed veggies, and fish sticks..and then I had a biscotti

If you feel bloated try some exercise.. It will make you feel better about your self and the amount of food you are eating! Hope this helps!

Closed Thread