It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• guys do u like red hair, or should i dye it??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2002, 05:04 PM   #1
    BizzeBritt0220
    Inactive

BizzeBritt0220 HB User
    Post guys do u like red hair, or should i dye it??

So do guys like DARK red hair?? i mean i like it fine, but as my bro said guys usually tend to the blonde chicks. So should i dye my hair blonde or keep my idivudality, and stay red??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2002, 06:26 PM   #2
    Theresa15
    Inactive
    (female)

Theresa15 HB User
    DON'T DYE IT! I have red hair as well as my mother and it is beautiful. A lot of men love it, and not all men like the prissy blonde girlies. Don't change who you are just because you want to impress a guy. If a guy can't accept you as you are, red hair and all, he isn't worth it. If you want to change it for yourself because you are not happy with it, then dye it, but don't do it for someone else.

------------------

Old 04-15-2002, 06:50 PM   #3
    Jude29
    Inactive

Jude29 HB User
    Dark red hair is my favorite. Only change if that would make you feel better, don't change to what you think others might like.

Old 04-15-2002, 07:17 PM   #4
    Spacecowboy

Spacecowboy HB User
    red hair makes a girl look so beatiful and distinct, it's probabley what would seperate a super model from a model, i say keep it, and that's a guy's opionion

Old 04-16-2002, 03:24 AM   #5
    nicola76
    Inactive

nicola76 HB User
    Smile

Don't dye it!! I'm also a red head (a darker shade of red) and I love it. My mother and two cousins are also red heads and they wouldn't change it for anything.

Red hair is unique and stands out more than any blonde ever could. Blondes are over-rated in my opinion.

Plz don't change your hair color just because of something somebody said. Only do it for yourself.

Take care!

Nicola

Old 04-16-2002, 09:07 AM   #6
    siobhan

siobhan HB User
    I'm a redhead too!

Definately DO NOT dye your hair. It makes so so individual and stand out from the crowd, even though, sometimes, especially when you are younger, it's the last thing that you want.

It sounds like your brother is being a jerk, like brothers will do sometimes.

Also, keep in mind that red hair very very often does not take to dye very well at all.

I hated my hair growing up. I felt like a pariah, when all I wanted was to look like the others girls, because when you are growing up the stress is on you to conform. Wait until you get older, and everyone is going to be doing something to stand out, and be different, you'll already be one step ahead.

I really hope that, for you, you learn to love it and take advantage of the unique-ness it provides you.

Old 04-18-2002, 05:34 PM   #7
    oceanous

oceanous HB User
    Who cares what others think, this is how i live, do whatever makes u happy as long as it isn't hurting anyone or anything. I don't wanna sound all motherly cuz i'm only 17 and i've dyed my hair, but u gotta be careful with dye as it can raise your rsiks of so many things like cancer. The chemicals go up through ur hair and end up in ur bloodstream. I'm sure ur hair is nice anyways, i act myself and don't try to conform and i get a lot of positive feedback. u do the same, be urself, that's how u get ur real beauty out. I'm not saying u should or should not dye ur hair, but to find out if that's what u personally want.

Old 04-19-2002, 03:08 AM   #8
    nicola76
    Inactive

nicola76 HB User
    No you don't "gotta dye it" to get guys. I'd never change anything about myself just get a guy. And by the way, most guys DO like red hair.

Nicola

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 04-19-2002).]

Old 04-20-2002, 11:08 AM   #9
    Kate99

Kate99 HB User
    I agree with everyone else... DON'T dye it

I am a redhead... More auburn than red, but close enough... My boyfriend absolutely loves redheads. And some guys especially like the fact that a lot of the time, women who have red hair on their heads also have it, um, somewhere else Better than black or brown Very sexy

Old 04-21-2002, 01:35 AM   #10
    Zafu

I'm a man and I LOVE red hair!

Redheads are often fiery and passionate.

Don't dye it and be like the rest - be YOU!

Best wishes

Zafu http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/clown.gif

Old 04-23-2002, 11:39 AM   #11
    goth_vamp
    Inactive

goth_vamp HB User
    KEEP YOUR RED HAIR!!!!! Although I'm one to talk about not dying hair! I've dyed my hair since I was 14 - it's been blue, red, different shades of brown, blonde highlights (which looked poo!)...at the mo it's black, but for about 7 or 8 months it was red and I loved it! I'd love to have natural dark red hair - in my opinion it's sexy!!!! ps not that I'm lesbian or anything, it's just an observation. Also, you shldn't change things about your appearence to please other ppl. U r an individual and shld keep it as such.

------------------
    Don't dream the dream, be the dream....

Old 04-23-2002, 04:49 PM   #12
    Hawk
    Inactive

Hawk HB User
    I have red hair and I wouldnt die it for anything. I think women with red hair are very hot. I prefer it over any other colour.

Trust me if a guys only after you because your blond think of the blond jokes and take a guess why hes after you then.

Old 04-29-2002, 12:04 PM   #13
    Hawk
    Inactive

Hawk HB User
    RED HAIR FOREVER!!!!! YEAH!!! Red heads have always turned me on

Old 05-07-2002, 10:37 AM   #14
    Babernethy

Babernethy HB User
    Many of the best super models are red haired. Linda Evangelista, Canadas' best known runway model, got no where, 'till she died her hair red. After she did that, she set Canada and the world on fire. I know several magazine models who also have red hair...it stands out better and more distinctly on film!

The carrot colour red though, is another thing. It tends to look dry, and the colour never works in photos.

It's not what you eat, it's what's in it!

Closed Thread