It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Numbness and Tingling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2002, 10:14 PM   #1
    luckystardreamer

luckystardreamer HB User
    Unhappy Numbness and Tingling

Okay this morning I woke up with numbness and tingling in my upper left leg muscle. I just thougth it was asleep until it lasted all day. And it didn't start really bothering me until now because my chin and left cheek are numb too. I don't know whats wrong with me. I told my parents and they told me I was just worryign about nothing. But I'm really worried about it. I need some advice becasue my parents won't take me to the doctor and I've tried looking for stuff on the net. I found stuff for older people, but not for teens. I'm 13 years old and not over weight and I think I'm in pretty good condition. I'm active, and the only health problem I have had in the past is anxiety, but i'm clearly over that now. Please Help!
    Thank you.
    Cassie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2002, 10:51 AM   #2
    bleu cream penguin

bleu cream penguin HB User
    umm maybe after feeling the numbness you can still feel the numb even after it is gone that has happened to me but only on my foot. i know it sounds stupid. well good luck.

------------------
    *~^Susie^~*

Old 07-25-2002, 05:48 PM   #3
    Valhalla
    (female)

Valhalla HB User
    You really need to get that checked by a doctor. I do not mean to scare you. But it is troubling to know that the left side of your body has slowly numbed and that it has remained numb for a whole day!

When I hear "numb left side", I think "heart attack". Since this is a slow progression, it is definitely not a heart attack. But, it could possibly be heart-related. Perhaps it could be that just the right nerve was pinched to make your whole left side numb. Whatever the reason, you'll never know lest you see a doctor.

Please, try harder to have your parents take you to the doctor. I know that it's easier said than done. Many people have the "yankee mentality" ("I don't need a doctor for this."). But it is better safe than sorry. When your parents realize how truly disturbing this is to you, they will take you for a checkup. Hopefully, it is not too late or too serious.

The best of luck to you!

Aloha!

[This message has been edited by Valhalla (edited 07-26-2002).]

Old 07-28-2002, 01:56 PM   #4
    HeavensAngel212

HeavensAngel212 HB User
    Exclamation

Hey I just wanted to let u know and anyone who is reading this that numbness like a part of your body is "asleep" can be very serious. My friend experienced that for a while and her parents finally took her to a doctor and they realized she has a cyst on her ovary and she had to have it removed. It wasn't very serious, but it could have been. My advice - ASK UR PARENTS TO GET U TO A DOCTOR! Love ya.

Closed Thread