It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• need advice...in love...too old4me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #1
    littlebrace

littlebrace HB User
    Unhappy need advice...in love...too old4me

I need help. I am actually in love with someone who is 29 years older than me. I can't actually do anything about it now because I am only a teen, but I know I love him. I can't even have a boyfriend right now because I think about him all the time and don't care about any other guys the same way. I'm so confused. What do I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2002, 08:11 PM   #2
    AshleeD

AshleeD HB User
    Exclamation

Whoa.... 29 years old is an EXTREME difference in age especially since we're talking about a teenager here. You didn't specify your exact age, just that you were a teen, but let's look at the possibilities:

* 13 years old- 42 year-old man
    * 14 years old- 43 year-old man
    * 15 years old- 44 year-old man
    * 16 years old- 45 year-old man
    * 17 years old- 46 year-old man
    * 18 years old- 47 year-old man

Please forgive me, but that's sickening! Especially if you are younger than 18! Either this is one of those "crush-like things, sort of like the ones you get on your teachers", or you have a serious problem.

How do you know this man? Do you all speak/keep in touch/hang out/all 3? If so, what do you talk about and do when you hang out? Do you realize the trouble he could get in with the law? Do you know the sh*t (excuse the language) you'd get into if your parents were to find out?

I understand and totally agree with the saying "you can't help who you love" but I think the saying only goes to a certain extent.

I think, for your sake, if you see this man, or have any type of relationship that is more than a simple friendship, you need to get out! Any 40 year-old diddling with a teenager has serious problems and I could understand a 20 year-old, but a 40 year-old...nuh uh

Please, for your safety and for your a$$ and his, do something about this. Stop talking to him/cut communication...whatever you need to do. The relationship, if there is one, between you two will NOT work, and sorry to be so blunt, but that is the truth written in stone.

A teen and a 40-year old are not meant to be. Plain and simple.

~º~ºAsHº~º~
    *Troublesome Trio #1*

"If you don't learn to laugh at troubles, you won't have anything to laugh at when you grow old."
    -Edward W. Howe

Old 09-15-2002, 08:34 PM   #3
    Dramaqueen
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dramaqueen HB User
    Don't be too confused Everyone goes through periods of their lifes where they have crushes on different people of all different ages etc. You will eventually get over it although it might not seem like it now. It's best you avoid contact with him, and try not to think of him in a crush-way.

It would be way too hard for the relationship to work if there was one anyway. Look around you, theres some nice hot guys everywhere and i'm sure in time your feelings for this man will fade.

Godd luck

Old 09-17-2002, 05:52 AM   #4
    PrincessShana

PrincessShana HB User
    Exactly how old are you? Are you sure it is love you are feeling? A lot of times, lust is mistaken for love. And also, do you want to be in love with a man that is that much older than you? Are you sure you don't have self esteem issues? Think about it...when you are 40, he will be 69...you might have to change his diapers. do you really think you love him that much?

Old 09-17-2002, 02:24 PM   #5
    AshleeD

AshleeD HB User
    I agree. I was not trying to be harsh in my reply, it's just that if you are truly serious about this, and it's more than just a 'crush', you need to deal with this in the most appropriate manner and make sure you cut communication unless you want to risk a lot of trouble you could get into for something that won't work anyway. Please re-think your feelings, and the only thing that really stuck with me in your post was: 'I can't do anything about it since I'm only a teen'...even when your 30, which is a young age, he'd be 59!! We aren't trying to make you feel bad for your feelings, or make you feel like you're a horrible person for having them, because hell, one of my teachers at school is one sexy man, and if it could work I sure as heck would date him, but the thing is, it wouldn't...and for some odd reason it's nice to sort of think of yourself being with an older guy, someone who's experience, who will know how to treat you...I mean just the thought of being with someone older than me is a turn-on...but I think 29 years old goes just a little past the line...Please don't take anything I've said offensively, because none of it was intended to hurt your feelings

Ashlee

~º~ºAsHº~º~
    *Troublesome Trio #1*

"If you don't learn to laugh at troubles, you won't have anything to laugh at when you grow old."
    -Edward W. Howe

Old 09-17-2002, 02:52 PM   #6
    MayorMcCheese
    Inactive

MayorMcCheese HB User
    Hey!
    I can understand if your attracted to someone a lil bit older then you! But 29 years?! wow! I just hope that your not sexually active with this man, bc you might be taken advantage of. And you should realize where you stand in his life asap!

------------------
    ~*~ Reach for the moon, so if you miss you will be around the stars~*~

Closed Thread