It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Do nice guys finish last?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2002, 12:57 PM   #1
    ZeroJester

ZeroJester HB User
    Question Do nice guys finish last?

I'm trying to get to know this girl at school. I'm really shy and have a hard time talking to her. I've liked her for a LONG time, like for 3 years. I see her off and on at school, never for more than about 5 minutes at a time. I liked her for so long and wanted to ask her out for a very long time. I just don't know her enough, and never have had the chance to.

Whenever we do talk though, I apparently do something thats "sweet".

Incident at school:
    She was at the pop machine and kinda frustrated because she was trying to get a sprite and the machine wouldnt take her change. She had to go to the 2nd machine and get a diet coke, since it didnt have sprite. I offered to buy her a sprite (because I had a bill instead of change) in exchange for her diet coke, even though I dont like diet coke. She refused to let me do it, and pulled me away from the machine. "youre so sweet, why are you always so nice" she asked me.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Sometimes women say you're nice as a polite way of saying they're not interested.

So are most women looking for nice guys?

Do nice guys finish last?

[This message has been edited by ZeroJester (edited 10-11-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
    fatman_uk

fatman_uk HB User
    Wink

In response to ur questio, yes... they finish last, i was jus like u an it always ended with a NO, LOL.

Try not bein as nice ALL the time, don't be a jerk or nuthin but try to pay less attention. Some (HOT) girls may wonder y u aint botherin with em since they're used to constant attention from guys an MAY persue u to find out whats different about u.

Don't just offer ti buy the things either, u gotta make em give u sumthin in return, if u don't know her much then try for a hug first, then maybe later on, a kiss? If she refuses then don't bother wastin ur cash, lol.

Sounds mean a jerkish but not if u do it right, jus act confidnet, cocky and funny. Never jus cocky or ull be a jerk, never just funny or u'll come across as goofy. but ALWAYS confident. Chicks dig confidence.

Im tired so can't be bothered goin in depth with this at the moment, but if u disagree that any of these things can help u out then answer me, why is it that chicks go out with jerks so often? An why do so many stay with/get back with jerkish abusive boyfriends?

Theres a big difference between attraction at a physical level as opposed to the 'gut' level attraction when u connect an get the butterflies in ur tummy.

Can't wait to see how much ive been flamed an called a jerk myself when i come back after a sleep, lol.

-Gaz

Old 10-11-2002, 09:18 PM   #3
    RenissanceMan114

RenissanceMan114 HB User
    Yeah you are a jerk...
    Jusk Kidding, I think that most of the stuff fatman is saying has validity. I've vastly improved my confidence around women and it seems to have helped a bit. Just keep on keeping on, and I wish you the best of luck.

-Yours Truly,
    ReniassanceMan

Old 10-23-2002, 01:19 AM   #4
    Seraphim

Seraphim HB User
    Wink

I know this was posted a long time ago but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I don't think nice guys finish last. I can only tell you from my point of view. My husband was a very nice guy and still is. The first time I met him I was drawn to him and I still treasure him now. I was his second gf, and now we are married and have a wonderful baby boy. I wouldn't say he finished last. He experianced a lot more than some jerks do in their life. Just my opinion. A lot of my friends love the nice guys. You just got to find the right girl. Good luck to you. Sera

Old 10-23-2002, 11:34 AM   #5
    Twist16
    Inactive

Twist16 HB User
    Thumbs up

Like as said, there is such a thing as being "Too nice".If you are nice all the time, it can become a little bothersome. I think it was really nice for you to offer to buy it for her. But, maybe she's like me and likes to just be "Friends first". I like to actually get to know the person before I go out with them. So, maybe you should hold off the sweetness until you know her better. Truthfully, I don't think nice guys finish last..'cause I'm drawn to nice guys. One day, you'll find a girl who likes you for you!

~Twist

Old 10-24-2002, 05:03 PM   #6
    ZeroJester

ZeroJester HB User
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try to keep that in mind.

Closed Thread