It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• What does it mean when my girlfriend won't kiss me?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2002, 06:38 AM   #1
    Zyme

Zyme HB User
    Post What does it mean when my girlfriend won't kiss me?

We have been going out for about a month now. When I tried to kiss her, she said no. I later talked about it with her and she said something to the effect that kissing makes her feel uncomfortable, and so she doesn't want to do it. Now, this is kind of problematic for me, as I really like her, and want to move on to a more physical level. She claims she really likes me, but yet refuses to move on.

I'm pretty sure there is some deeper reason for this that she isn't telling me. Probably some kind of insecurity brought on by some kind of trauma or something. Is there anything I can do about this? I don't see the point in a continuing relationship if we can't do anything that really good friends wouldn't do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2002, 06:55 AM   #2
    lilrayofhope
    Veteran

lilrayofhope HB User
    Arrow

Do you know if she's ever been kissed before? If not, she could be scared. Or maybe the timing wasn't right? She could have really high morals. I'm not sure. Every girl is different, however if she says she really likes you too, I doubt she's lying. A month is a while in teenage dating life, I doubt she'd be with you if she didn't like you. She just maybe nervous about it. Or possibly not be ready for that in your relationship. My guess...give her some time and she'll come around to it. Possibly try talking to her in the meantime. However to pressure her in anyway, otherwise, she could get really mad. GOOD LUCK!

-Carlie

Old 11-02-2002, 04:58 PM   #3
    NugIsHere

NugIsHere HB User
    Zyme.. I understand that you like her a lot and after a month you want to take it to the next level. But you also have to respect the fact that she has said no. Some girls just like to wait, i'm not sure why.

-Nug http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Old 11-06-2002, 03:49 AM   #4
    metfan77

metfan77 HB User
    It means you don't brush your teeth

Old 11-06-2002, 10:39 AM   #5
    tcb0609
    Senior Veteran

tcb0609 HB User
    It took me 6 months to get up the nerve to kiss the man that is now my husband. I was 15 and just completely terrified when I met him. I was not actually scared of the kissing, though. There were a few things that had happened before that just made me feel uncomfortable with it. Thanks to his patience, I finally gave in. I met him 10 yrs ago and we have been married for 4 1/2 yrs. Be patient with her, it will pay off. Don't push her or she will run. And don't listen to the person that said you need to brush your teeth...I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with it. She's not lying when she says she likes you. I was in love with my boyfriend before I let him kiss me. I know...it sounds crazy...I was a little nuts back then...thank God I grew up!

Closed Thread