It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• *~*Belly button ring question*~*

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2002, 11:41 AM   #1
    NikiX5

NikiX5 HB User
    Talking *~*Belly button ring question*~*

Hey, if anyone has a belly button ring too can you answer this or help...
    I have a banana bell in. Its in the process of still healing. I got it done like 3 1/2 months ago...
    Everything was fine, and then the skin around the top hole seems to be like ripping apart.
    Like ive had that white stuff around the hole... and when im in the bath or shower the white hard stuff gets really soft...
    and now the hole seems to be like expanding but its not suppose to. I dont want it to like rip out or some sh*t.
    Eeeek!!!
    Loves
    Niki DeVille

------------------
    *~Niki DeVille*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2002, 08:36 PM   #2
    TifaStrife16

TifaStrife16 HB User
    Hi, Niki. I had my navel pierced a little over 5 months ago, and I suspect it is pretty much healed at this time. The 'white stuff' you have is just a signal that it's still healing, which you know. Is this white substance a solid? It should just be a liquid, then dry into a solid crust. Can you tell me how much bigger the hole is? My hole seems larger in the shower than out of, probably because my skin gets soft and I'm washing the hole. Since you don't have a ring, the chances of it 'ripping out' are pretty slim. I wouldn't know from experience, but apparently some piercings 'migrate', wherein the navel actually pushes the ring out of the piercing, leaving a scar. Also, I don't claim to be any expert on body piercings, especially since I have had no problems.

Hope you work this out and have enjoy your body jewel!

[This message has been edited by *Roxy* (edited 12-14-2002).]

Old 12-14-2002, 03:34 PM   #3
    SoSwEeTLuVnU

SoSwEeTLuVnU HB User
    Hey Niki! I have had my belly in for almost 3 years it will be 3 years in Feb. But the white skin around it is normal I have it around mine still..and I can see it more when I am in the shower or when my stomach is then I can when its dry...I can see it more when I take out the ring to change it...the only advice I can give ya is don't play with it all the time it will make it get infected....and make sure and clean it every day atleast once a day twice a day would even be better and when ya clean it don't use scented soaps the best to use is dail and alcohol. Well, girl let me know how it goes and if ya have anything else to ask don't be shy about it! Good Luck!

------------------
    *XoX*Ashley*XoX*

Old 12-14-2002, 06:50 PM   #4
    SabresLover81
    (female)

SabresLover81 HB User
    i got mine peirced a while back and the same exact thing that is going on with yours happened to mine and i got infected, clean around the top and bottom holes with peroxide and some neosporan everyday i did that and now mine's great! Love the naval ring-Clare

Old 12-20-2002, 02:38 PM   #5
    FrostyKitten

FrostyKitten HB User
    Hi.

I've had 37 piercings total. My belly button was my first. Just so you know, the belly button is the most infectious place on your whole body to get pierced. If the hole is getting bigger, I would go and see a doctor. Antibiotics may be necessary. Also, what is your jewelry made out of? Your body may not like the material and may be trying to reject the metal (and may be pulling away from the metal making the hole larger).

------------------
    Stephanie
    EDD- March 13, 2003 (Hubby'sBirthday!)

[This message has been edited by FrostyKitten (edited 12-20-2002).]

Old 12-26-2002, 09:53 PM   #6
    Ninnerz
    (female)

Ninnerz HB User
    Don't use peroxide. Peroxide is good at killing bacteria and such but also damages cells causing a longer healing time. Stay away from ointments as well. It can clog up the hole. Best bet would be to go get some Sea Salts. 1/4 teaspoon to 8 oz of warm water and put it in a cup and soak the navel for about 10 minutes or so, than rinse with clear water. That was the only thing I did with my aftercare and healed remarkably. I have both the top and bottom part of my navel pierced and that has been the only thing I have used for both of them.

Old 12-27-2002, 07:10 PM   #7
    Autumn Angel
    Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
    I agree with the others not to worry my daughter got her done a year ago and went through that too. Just keep an eye on it though. But I think its normal as everyone else said.

------------------
    Cheers...Autumn
    Female...42
    TMJD for 12 years
    Carpal Tunnel syndrome
    Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured now I think)
    Alot of past Medical Problems so if I can help in other areas of health...I will.

Old 01-03-2003, 12:57 PM   #8
    lovelyme
    Inactive

lovelyme HB User
    A little advice....when you end up having kids (some leave it in) but the whole becomes a pretty little stretch mark after. It is just lovely. Me and so many friends who had prior pretty tummies and were cheerleaders and such doin' tow touches are now mom's with nasty belly button ring stretch marks. In fact my one friend left hers in all 9 months!! It looked so gross. All I know is that my ring was out at 3 months because it stayed infected from the stupid guy allowing me to have an iridecent jewel put in instead of surgical stainless steal for the first 6 months. I could kill him for that. My piercing weeped this crusty brown sh!% for the whole 3 months. I tried everything.

------------------
    Marie

Old 02-08-2004, 07:21 AM   #9
    Lafayettesenior

Lafayettesenior HB User
    Question Belly Ring Question

Ok I got my navel pierced almost two months ago and everything was good until just the other day. I was trying on some really cute pants at the mall and when I was geting ready to change my pants my belly ring tre out of my belly a little bit. You can see where it tore the little bit of skin. Everyone told me take it out but I can't because with that my belly is infected and alos becaue I don' wa to take it out so either way I'm screwed. If I leave the ring alone and my belly is there a chance that my skin will go back to like it was?? You know like is there a way to get my skin to heal back together so my ring doesn rip out all the way?

Closed Thread