It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• My boyfriend is almost perfect but i'm still sad lol........i need help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2003, 07:46 AM   #1
    Kanda

Kanda HB User
    Exclamation My boyfriend is almost perfect but i'm still sad lol........i need help

Ok heres the thing, my boyfriend, hes the best i mean he loves me so much, i can trust him, he'll do anything for me, we have alot in common etc etc, he never lets me pay when we go out lol (thats always a plus) and i love him so much but he lives like 4 hours away, and we got hooked up through some of our friends, we've been real good friends for like 2 and a half years. been dating for about 5 months. well, i just wanna date and have fun right now....i'm only 17....hes 20. ya know i dont wanna be tied down to someone who lives 4hours away (by car, oh lord not plane). and i can definately see myself with him in the future, but i'm afraid if i break up with him, i'll lose for him good. i need some opinions ya'll. i'm happy with him, but yet i wanna date someone who lives here, i wanna be able to see my boyfriend more than once a month ya know? i cant just move to where he lives till i graduate. thanks for listenin
    kandi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2003, 09:43 AM   #2
    CosmoGrl
    Inactive

CosmoGrl HB User
    Talking

There really isn't anything you can do that's inbetween. You can tell him you wan't to date other people and have you guys date casually. But chances are he won't like it.
    You know what to do. You love him and all and you have a great time with him but you are 17 and there are so many dating opportunities out there!
    Tell him you're busy with life, school and you're only 17. Tell him you don't think it's fair for you to do this to him. Such as you're young, hes a lot older, and you think he needs someone in his own hometown or something like that.
    I think that you posted this on here, wanting to know how to keep your boyfriend for love and security reasons and to go out and date other people.
    Which is totally normal! However, you must break it off with him. Out of respect. A lot of girls wan't to do that. Have a boyfriend because they love him so much but go out and date other people. Its only fair to let him know you want to date other people, or just to break it off.

------------------
    Luv~CosmoGrl!!!

Old 01-28-2003, 07:34 PM   #3
    Shizzy

Shizzy HB User
    I think you should just be honest with him. Tell him how you feel. Tell him exactly why you feel that way and what you see in the future. I also think you should do what makes you happy.
    55 degree kyphosis (curve forward)
    Dec 5 2002- 2 level Anterior fusion.
    Rib removed, T12 removed, both used for bone in Cage. Also have plate and screws. Straightend up to about 20 degrees.
    Dec. 11 2003- Find out I'm now curved to 30 degrees. Going for MRI

Old 01-28-2003, 10:08 PM   #4
    mushroom1

mushroom1 HB User
    I think if you were really in love with him, you wouldn't WANT to date anyone else. When I was 17, I had strong feelings for one boy (who wasn't aware of my feelings) and when other boys would ask me out, I had no interest. I suffered in silence for months until the one boy, finally caught on to my feelings.
    I have always thought when people say, "I love you, but I am just not ready for a serious relationship..."
    What they really think is "You are not the one"
    But, maybe that is just me...

Closed Thread