It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• can i grow talller after 16???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
    jokeranton
    (male)

jokeranton HB User
    Question can i grow talller after 16???

hi guys when I was first born the doctor told me my predicted height would be 5.6' and now at 16 I stand 5.6' feet tall but I really want to grow taller and become like nearly to 5.8' feet tall many people I discussed with told me it is impossible to grow taller after 16. I have already hit my growth spurt at maybe like 13 or 14 when I was 5.2 feet and then I grew 5.6 till 15. after 15 I never grew one millimeter more and I am a little sad about my height. I am the tallest in now compared to my father, mother, and sister but I really want to grow taller. is it that because I have hit my growth spurt that I cant grow taller anymore though I even look younger and have no facial hair. I would follow any routine but I really want it guaranteed because time is running out since I heard people say that people stop growing at 18. but I think I stopped growing but if anyone had this problem and then grew taller can he please tell me the routine he followed?? I would follow it but please inform me guys about my situation by the way I am a male. I appreciate anyone trying to help me in this problem cause I take my height situation very seriously and would do anything to get taller. please guys help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: can i grow talller after 16???

I can't speak for you personally but what I can tell you is that when I went to my 10 year high school reunion (we were all in our late 20s by then) I noticed that many of the boys were much taller than I remembered them being when I was in high school. So they must've still been growing taller after we graduated. And it wasn't just one or two guys, it was a lot of them. And I'm sure I did not get shorter so the only logical explanation is that they all got taller. I even mentioned it to some of them and they mostly just laughed it off like it was no biggie.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

Yes you can.

Everyone reaches full maturity at different time.

You can make sure your testosterone level is in normal range just to be safe.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
    Stressedoutscot
    (male)

Stressedoutscot HB User

Yes. Growth in continual until the age of around 21 when a person's full growth is complete. I thought I had stopped growing at 16 but continued to do so until I reached 6 foot 3 inches in height aged 22. I am now 25 and have remained the same height. Try not to worry.

Last edited by Stressedoutscot; 11-06-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:38 AM   #5
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

The summer between my 16 year old's son and his 17th birthday he shot up about 5 inches! It can happen! Just let things take their natural course, there is nothing you can do to make it happen...but its still very possible that you will get taller! Remember that this is genetic...is anyone in your family 6 foot tall? An Uncle, a grandfather, a cousin? If every one is only 5'6, then your chances are lower that you will be the exception, but if a few people are taller, you still have a very good chance!

Old 11-07-2016, 05:49 AM   #6
    52ken
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User

It has a lot to do with your genetics. I stopped growing when I was 14 and was the same hight as my father. I remember my dad saying I would probably grow a few more inches but never did. That's OK, we are the height we are supposed to be.

Closed Thread