HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Teen Health (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/teen-health/)
-   -   Skinny guys in highschool. (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/teen-health/102211-skinny-guys-highschool.html)

2cent 01-29-2003 08:50 PM

Skinny guys in highschool.

Heya, ok well let me tell you about my situation.
Im in (deleted)grade in a school with only about 600 highschoolers. I have blond hair, blue eyes, 6.0, physically active in sports ect. Im a nice guy and seem to have a good number of friends, i try to be friends with many people and not stick soloy to cliqs.
Now here is my problem, im really skinny. At (deleted) i weigh about 130 lbs. Im on the tall side yes, but still i think being skinny kills my chances with girls.
Which is basically my problem, i think me being skinny is rendering myself... well, not popular with the girls heh. Im wondering if you women really find skinny guys to be a turn-off. Because besides being really skinny, im not ugly. It also has hurt my selfesteem, everyone i have ever known have at one point commented on how skinny i was. It sucks, let me tell you that. Maybe im just not assertive enough with females, i don't know though because it just seems like, why would they want to talk to some skinny guy when there are tons of other guys around. I have really tried everything to gain weight, but my doctor says to not expect to start filling out tell im in my early 20's. He says im really skinny because i have such a rapid metabolism. I eat 4 good meals a day, drink 3 400 calorie drinks a day, lift weights, and no results. Im just wondering if i stand any chance with relationships right now, i find being skinny makes me lack the qualities a girl wants in a man.

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 04-02-2003).]

Dramaqueen 01-29-2003 10:10 PM

Hey, as you'll get older, you'll gain weight. Don't worry.

Skinny guys are still hot. My bfs 6'3 and he says he weighs like 72 kgs so hes pretty skinny but he's gorgeous as. I know heaps of lanky or skinny guys and theyre still hot and lovely, friendly people to be around.

[This message has been edited by Dramaqueen (edited 01-30-2003).]

juzzy_gurl 01-30-2003 10:35 PM

Hey!
I think some gurls, maybe, because so many ppl r so self concious about their weight would just be like oh he's so skinny he wont like me because im kind of bigger than him? I had a friend who had a real skinny boyfriend and he was soo hot (i know i shudnt say it!!) but she felt really bad because she was not skinny as him!! maybe thats why...
I wouldnt mind if a guy was skinny!!!

Maddog4x4 01-31-2003 11:31 AM

Girl you are 6'0. I would do anything to have a tall, skin, young, 130 pound girl like you. Wait until you get into college. Those guys will be going after you the hole time you are there. Dont worry about high school guys. Just wait to you hit college.

Dramaqueen 01-31-2003 11:52 AM

Um i'm damn sure he's a guy! :D

cakes286 02-01-2003 07:36 AM

hit the gym

GoodnightElisabeth 02-01-2003 11:28 PM

My best friend is exactly like you, except he's 5'11. He eats and eats and eats and eats and gets nothing. He lifts weights from time to time, but gets nothing. And you know what? He's probably the greatest guy I could ever meet. If he weren't my best friend, I'd be in love with him. I think too-bulky guys are disgusting, actually.

It's all about the personality. I'm being 100% serious. Last guy I fell for was probably 6'0, 200lbs. The guy before that was 6'3 or so, 135-145 pounds. It honestly does not matter. As long as you take care of yourself and just be yourself...it'll all work out. When it all comes down to it, looks/size is the last thing that matters. And if someone else feels differently, then you deserve better anyway. You've probably heard this a thousand times before - we all have - but it's TRUE.

(I should probably be telling myself these things.)

Amabel 02-08-2003 05:36 PM

Just like you may find girls with small breasts or other "imperfections" attractive, girls may find you attractive in spite of your "imperfection."

I myself am physically attracted to tall skinny guys! Kind of like a lanky soccer guy body is what I'm attracted to for whatever reasons. I'm sure plenty of girls in your school like tall skinny guys as well.

Whether they know it or not, here's the number one thing that girls like to see in a guy, confidence. Remember that, and remember that you can appear as confident as you want to.

AcneInc 02-09-2003 10:54 AM

Its called eating every alot, and eating healthy. Take some protein supplements, like whey protein and UNILIVER pills, eat lots of protein and you will see results. I began eating more and I gained 20 pounds several months, from 5'9 155 to 5'9 175.

hello2u 04-01-2003 12:45 PM

omg dont gain weight lol. honestly, my type is short thin and blonde hair. I dont know about other girls but the way you sound now is just fine!!! Good luck with the girlies!

spikie 04-01-2003 08:52 PM

everyone is right, don't get all down on yourself about being skinny, i'm sure there are some girls that like you right now and you don't even know it! the reason i know that is cuz when i was in 10th grade i had a huge crush on this kid (also a 10th grader) who sounds a lot like you except with dark hair. his personality rocked and i thought it was cute that he was skinny

becky20 04-04-2003 02:33 AM

I think it's funny how guys worry about being too skinny, but you never really hear a girl saying the same thing! :P Anyways, I personally love tall, skinny guys...the guy I was in love with all through grade school and into high school (he still remains my ideal guy) was 6'6 and probably 160 pounds! I've dated like 22 ppl in my life (I'm 20 years old) and except for 5, all have been tall and skinny. The others were two tall and a little chubby, and three short but skinny. As long as you have some muscle and aren't weak and sickly skinny then you sound perfect to me! :)
I can relate to the comment someone else posted tho, it does suck when the guy is skinnier than you...last year I dated a guy that was 7 inches taller but still weighed 5 pounds less than me (he was EXTREMELY skinny but still really really strong), and I got self-conscious a lot, even though I myself am pretty skinny!
If you do want to gain some weight, I'd suggest eating more protein (there's some good supplements at GNC stores, I used to work there), because you can't gain muscle or bulk without the protein to build it. Other than that, I'd just relax and enjoy being skinny, millions of people would give anything to look like you!!

rachieluvzu 04-09-2003 05:35 PM

I don't know why you are worried about your weight...i think there are plenty of girls out there that like skinny guys, and i am one of them. I hate it when guys are huge and beefy; it is such a turn-off. So don't worry, you will be fine, and enjoy the ability to eat whatever you want while you can!! Good luck!