It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• when do girls REALLY stop growing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-02-2003, 09:04 PM   #1
    youtwo414

youtwo414 HB User
    Post when do girls REALLY stop growing

I am not a teen but i have a 14 year old daughter who is only 4'10' tall. the doctors tell me that girls wont' grow at all after about two years from when they get thier period for the first time. Has anybody had a different experience? I would really, really appreciate hearing stories that give me some hope that my daugher may grow a few more inches.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2003, 09:48 PM   #2
    wondertwin44

wondertwin44 HB User
    My doctor told me that. I was told that I wouldn't get to be above 5'2. I'm almost 5'6 now so there is still hope.

------------------
    Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
    Carrie, ~SATC~
    Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
    Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 10-02-2003, 11:04 PM   #3
    Jamiezafreek
    (female)

Jamiezafreek HB User
    I am 15 years old and im 4'11 tall.I was told i probably wouldnt grow anymore if anything 1 to 2 inches but thats cause most of the ppl in my family are short,thats why i am.Ur daughter may grow its different for everyone.

Old 10-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #4
    TeTr01
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TeTr01 HB User
    My Dr. said the same thing. I got my period when I was 12 & I was already 5' tall. I am now 21 & 5'1/4" - so I grew a LITTLE, lol !

It depends on the person, everyone is different. She may grow a few more cm's or inches... never know. But if she is 14, already has her period & is only 4'10", she probably won't grow that much more. That's ok tho, short is beautiful ... I love being short!

My daughter is 2, but already taller that the average children her age, everyone thinks she is 3. Her father is 6'4" or so, so I think she is going to be tall. But, we will just have to wait & see !

Closed Thread