It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Guys who wear leather jackets are thought of as badboys, has anyone else found this?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2003, 11:14 AM   #1
    Sean W
    Inactive

Sean W HB User
    Post Guys who wear leather jackets are thought of as badboys, has anyone else found this?

I wear a tatty old leather biker jacket (the sort that have the zips and buckles - the kind worn in the film Grease)and have found people avoid you and think you're untrustworthy because of it. I bought it when I was 13 at a car-boot sale and now 4 years later have properly grown into it. I like the feel of wearing my heavy leather jacket and feel confident and good with it on. Has anyone else found people are intimidated and by see you wearing it? I intent to carry on wearing mine as I like it and is my trademark. I think this and my earring worries people. Please leave your opinion!

Sean

[This message has been edited by Sean W (edited 10-17-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2003, 06:18 PM   #2
    cutup
    Inactive

cutup HB User
    Sean I don't think people would avoid you because of the bad boy thing. If it is tattered looking they may just think you are unkept and out of style. I would just toss it in the closet and look at it once in awhile and get a nice new jacket or even a used one that is more stylish. I think you are just making the wrong assumption.

Sean I wish I hadn't said that you should toss it. If you are happy and it makes you feel good wear it. Heck with what people think.

[This message has been edited by cutup (edited 10-14-2003).]

Old 10-14-2003, 09:52 PM   #3
    bfl

bfl HB User
    moved to the teen issues board...

Old 10-15-2003, 09:29 AM   #4
    TeTr01
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TeTr01 HB User
    Wink

I should seriously hope that people don't judge you by the clothes you wear... but if they do, they are just ignorant. There is nothing wrong with wearing a leather jacket! If you like it, wear it - who cares what other people think??

Old 10-18-2003, 08:34 PM   #5
    lil T

lil T HB User
    hmm..my boyfriend wears a leather jacket sometimes..and ummmm im not intimidated by anything! i dont think people care about peoples clothes..im sure its not that...

Closed Thread