It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Hereditary Autoimmune

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
    Lorin74
    (female)

Lorin74 HB User
    Hereditary Autoimmune

I have half a dozen Lupus, Anklosing Spondylitis and Psoriatic Arthritis illnesses. My 16 year old started having aches and pains about a year ago. After throwing a fit, his, the only pediatric dr in a 60 mile radius, did an autoimmune blood workup. He has a positive ANA and a High SED rate but nothing that points to a specific diagnosis. We have an appt next month. I'm just wondering, does this junk skip a generation like the theory suggests or not?

Last edited by Administrator; 12-30-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Hereditary Autoimmune

Maybe not in your case Lorin, as much as we wish it were so. The high ANA is suggestive of SOMETHING going on. Hugs to you both.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Hereditary Autoimmune

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lorin74 View Post
    I have half a dozen Lupus, Anklosing Spondylitis and Psoriatic Arthritis illnesses. My 16 year old started having aches and pains about a year ago. After throwing a fit, his, the only pediatric dr in a 60 mile radius, did an autoimmune blood workup. He has a positive ANA and a High SED rate but nothing that points to a specific diagnosis. We have an appt next month. I'm just wondering, does this junk skip a generation like the theory suggests or not?
    Autoimmune diseases generally do not skip generations. With your son's elevated Ana and sed rate, he should have a thorough evaluation by a rheumatology expert, pediatric one if under 18. The tendencies to autoimmunity can be genetic, but the diseases often differ from one family member to the next. Good luck and I hope you and he get answers soon.

Closed Thread