It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Celebrity obsession

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
    klw25
    (female)

klw25 HB User
    Celebrity obsession

I am a girl and I am 14 years old. I really love a korean female celebrity more than I love myself and my life. It is too hard for me to accept that she lives far far away and she is not here with me. I cried a lot because of this problem. I know I seem crazy and yes, I should accept this but I cannot. So I started making her my imaginary friend who loves and helps me. She appears when I have hard moments and makes me feel better. Even at school she ,,appears" in my mind when I call her and I am talking to her in my head .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Celebrity obsession

KLW25,
    It is not abnormal to have celebrity crushes or to want to "know" someone famous...but you need to realize that this is a fantasy and not real. She does not know you exist.
    What about trying to make a new friend in your school? Find a friend with a hobby which you like or who plays a musical instrument or a sport which you are interested in? Do you like animals? Find a friend who has a dog or a cat or a horse....creating new friends in your life will help you fill the void that the imaginary friend cannot fill.
    You really need to step back and think about what you are saying. At 14 you are on the brink of being a young lady and I am sure there are plenty of girls who would love to know you! Concentrate on making real friends who can help occupy your time and fill the void...and try to let go of the imaginary friend...

Have you talked to your parents about this?

Closed Thread