It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• 5 months into accutane for acne.. not worked

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
    Accuquest
    (male)

Accuquest HB User
    5 months into accutane for acne.. not worked

I'm 17 years old. I had mild acne for approximately 2 years before 5 months ago I began taking accutane. I began on a dosage of 40 for the first month before moving up to 70 for the next four. My final 4 weeks start today. Since taking accutane my acne has drastically worsened. I am worried when I am done my treatment period it will be worse than it began. To be honest, since my acne was so mild I thought I would be done after 4 months, even tho my derm told me 6. Please help

Last edited by Administrator; 01-20-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: 5 months into accutane for acne.. not worked

You usually do get worse before you get better. Your body is purging itself of all that bacteria and clogged pores which eventually would have come out anyway. Stick with it. Your doctor should be telling you this. If you quit too soon your acne will come back with a vengance!
    Good luck!

Old 01-21-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
    J0j0Valentine
    (female)

J0j0Valentine HB User
    Re: 5 months into accutane for acne.. not worked

Retin-A? I use that now as an adult and it's amazing (and prevents wrinkles!).

Anyway, I thought my acne was terrible at that age and none of the conventional treatments worked. I found that Sulfacet-R worked best for me... and even now, sulfur-based acne treatments help more than any of the other ingredients.

Mario Badescu has a "Drying Lotion," that is wonderful for spot treatment. They have many wonderful products. I only use their products now, and Cetaphil to cleanse. (Recommended to me when I was your age by a dermatologist).

(Sulfur is what is in the Proactiv mask).

Closed Thread