It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Anyone ?? 13 year old son Fatigue, Achey, sleeping all the time. please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #1
    krism813
    (female)

krism813 HB User
    Anyone ?? 13 year old son Fatigue, Achey, sleeping all the time. please help

My 13 year old son has always been very happy, awake , a full of life. I would say the past months or so he has become a different person. Sleeping all the time , looks pale , achy , headaches and has had one episode of dizziness. There is a possibility that minocycline could be the cause. He started soloydin but insurance would not pay do they switched to mimo. he has had all types of blood work done and Vit D was very low at 16. I have started per Dr. 2000 mg a day and as of Saturday because he was back to Dr. with headache dr. says stop Minoclyclin. He also ordered and more sensitive Lyme test , something to do with pituitary gland , celiac disease and prolactin. MY son is tall 5'8 1/4 and only 115 lbs. He does jujitsu 3 nights a week but lately he is juts to tired to go. Has anyone's son had these symptoms or issues with acne medication , his skin is pretty bad. I'm a worrier and I always think the worst.. needless to say very upset as this juts came out of nowhere. So many people are like oh its hormones, age etc. But I know my Son and its just not right. anyone please answer or have ideas or thoughts please I would be so grateful for your input.
    Kristine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Anyone ?? 13 year old son Fatiuge, Achey, sleeping all the time. please help

Almost everything you describe is listed as side effects of that antibiotic.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:15 AM   #3
    krism813
    (female)

krism813 HB User
    Re: Anyone ?? 13 year old son Fatiuge, Achey, sleeping all the time. please help

yes, I know ... But why are they not thinking it is that ? they are testing him for everything..

Old 03-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Because they are being thorough????? And it may take quite a while for the side effects from the drugs to go away.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:35 AM   #5
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

just a guess, I wonder if he has mono

Old 03-28-2017, 03:58 AM   #6
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Actually with a D level of that low, it could totally be the culprit. I am wondering why they have him only on oral 2000 ius a day....its not enough to raise his D levels and raising D levels takes up to 6 months anyway...

Why not find out if your doctor can do D infusions or shots? When my D was that low, I was getting a shot a week for 4 months to get it to a higher level and only once it got close did I get changed to 4000 IUs a day to continue to raise it. It took a full year and now I take 2000 a day to maintain.

The symtoms of D deficiencies are exactly what you are describing and having been there, I know how detrimental it can be.

Was your son also tested for Mono? Even though he is young, mono goes around middle and high schools very quick and many students can get it at once...mono symptoms are also the extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, etc.

I was on Minocycline for years for my skin. I never had any of the symptoms you are describing.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:39 AM   #7
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I don't think injections are needed. I raised my Vit D from 18 to 101 in 3 months with 60,000 units twice a week and increased Calcium (forget the dosage). Very common in menopausal women.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:39 AM   #8
    krism813
    (female)

krism813 HB User

He has been checked for mono about 4 times.. NEG

Old 03-28-2017, 06:43 AM   #9
    krism813
    (female)

krism813 HB User

I'm going to ask the Dr. about the shots ( great Idea) .. They also have prescription type and I here that will raise you very fast. lets see what the newest blood work reveals.

Thanks you all so much. I'm such a worry wart. but there are so many story's you here and that dr's miss things all the time.

Closed Thread