It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Sleep?!??!!?!?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
    HELPMESLEEPRIGH
    (female)

HELPMESLEEPRIGH HB User
    Sleep?!??!!?!?

How can I help my sleep? I sleep a ton. I go to bed roughly 9-10pm and sleep through 6am and have trouble waking up. Then I go to school and roughly sleep another 3-4 hours there due to me being bored or I have my work done. Then I walk home and go to sleep again 3pm-6pm. And then I also go back to sleep at 9/10pm to 6am. What do I have?! Why do asleep so much?! I'm also forgetful and always tired. I have low vitamin D and a iron deficiency. I take Zoloft and began snoring recently. I have anxiety and depression but the Zoloft is helping but I've also been gaining weight since taking it. I have a dry mouth when I wake up and breath loud when sleeping. I have a lack of energy, I need frequent naps throughout the day to function, and naps don't relieve my sleepiness. HELP ME PLEASE IM ONLY 17!!!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 06-10-2017 at 10:09 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to HELPMESLEEPRIGH:
    movielover40 (05-12-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2017, 02:06 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Sleep?!??!!?!?

Dear HELPMESLEEPRIGH,

I had high anxiety growing up, too. Anxiety can wear us out. Sleep can also be a way to avoid the day. What happens in the day time that makes you feel anxious? Is it school, the future, family interactions, the friends or lack of friends? Are you an only child and do you spend a lot of time alone? You seem like a normal 17 year old that is not relating to life around you much at all. Is it that there seems like not much to relate to?

Drugs always only gave me side effects and more anxiety to deal with. Is there any way you can get come counseling to learn healthy ways to deal with your emotions and anxiety? To me that helped me the most. Do you have any hobbies? many like to write stories or poems or to draw or paint when alone. Do you have a pet to care for?

We can learn to start healthy self-talk and there are things we can do to help ourselves to relax. Yoga exercises are a great tool for relaxing the mind and body. Make sure you turn off the 'busy-ness' of the day and relax your mind.
    Whether we are a teen or an adult we all need to fill our lives up with enjoyable thoughts and activities.

What kind of things would you do if you could?

Love,

Old 05-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
    Re: Sleep?!??!!?!?

You should at least get a basic physical and get your thyroid checked and your hormone levels checked.

Best of luck to you....

Closed Thread