It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board

• Been asked out and I feel shallow

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
    Chickie85
    Inactive

Chickie85 HB User
    Been asked out and I feel shallow

When i started my first semester of college about 3 months ago i got asked out by 5 guys, i turned all of them down because i just wasn't attracted to them. When i went to a party about 7 guys danced with me that night and i didn't want to even look at the ugly ones. and i gave this ugly guy who asked me for my number a wrong phone number. I get mad if ugly guys even look at me. I only feel good when its cute guys that do. I just can't help it, but in someways i feel bad about it. Sometimes I feel shallow, but then again i know that Attraction brings people together at first and attraction is very important AT FIRST and after you get to know that person then you love them regardless on how they change. But i can't help it, i can't lie to myself. I refuse to get someones hopes excited(just because i don't wanna hurt their feelings, or for me to now feel like a bad person), and then bash them down later when i just can't take it anymore, to look at them or being close and intimate with.
    ~ChiCkie85~

Last edited by Chickie85; 12-06-2003 at 09:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2003, 08:15 AM   #2
    Will M.
    Veteran

Will M. HB User
    Re: Been asked out and I feel shallow

Well it's only shallow if you know this guy, who is cute, is an ***, but you take him anyway. Sure, I'm only attracted to pretty girls, but I only iyake a chance if they have good heart and soul. (That's why I have never had a girlfriend). But get to know this guy, that's what dating is for.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
    ghound

ghound HB User

I dont think that your shallow at all.... my girlfriend is the same way!

- John

Last edited by ghound; 12-08-2003 at 07:42 PM.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:16 PM   #4
    mr. helpme

mr. helpme HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghound
    I dont think that your shallow at all.... my girlfriend is the same way!

- John

I THINK UR IN BETWEEN. U HAVE THE SHALLOWNESS BUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING SO YOU ARE BUT YOU ARE NOT...BUT I MYSELF USED TO BE THAT UGLY KID ( I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND SHE CONVINCED ME I AM ATTRACTIVE) ATLEAST BECOME FRIENDS WITH THE UGLY PEOPLE SO YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE..YOU NEVER KNOW THEY CAN GROW ON YOU AND AS THEY DO THE APPEARANCE CHANGES...FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE BIG BUT THE HEART IS UNDER THE CLOAK...THE UGLIES KNOW WHAT LIFE REALLY IS

Old 12-08-2003, 10:17 PM   #5
    junkbondtrader
    Inactive

junkbondtrader HB User

i don't think it's shallow to make a point of not leading people on or giving them false hope when you aren't interested in them, i think that is the only right thing to do.

however, just describing them as "ugly" sounds a little bit shallow, though i doubt you mean it to. what's ugly to you is beautiful to someone else, so i think it's better to just think of them as people you aren't physically attracted to. attraction is a strange thing and different for everyone. it's certainly not the most important thing in a real relationship, but if you feel no chemistry it wouldn't be fair to act like you do or might feel some. nobody needs head games. i think you're doing the right thing.

Last edited by junkbondtrader; 12-08-2003 at 10:17 PM.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:27 AM   #6
    lovely.lady
    Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Sometimes when you meet someone who you don't find attractive and you get to know them, and you find out they have a great personality you can end up thinking they are REALLY hot. Sure, there has to be attraction, but it doesn't have to be initial.

Old 12-09-2003, 04:44 PM   #7
    junkbondtrader
    Inactive

junkbondtrader HB User

i agree with that! i've definitely later panted over people who didn't knock the wind out of me at first glance. but at the same time, i didn't consider them unattractive to begin with, i just wasn't particularly physically attracted to them initially. i dunno, it's a real case by case thing.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #8
    Chickie85
    Inactive

Chickie85 HB User

Well,I don't think describing someone as ugly is shallow... when i think someone is ugly i'm just not attractive to them, so they are ugly to me. I can't speak for anyone else.
    I just realize that i shouldn't feel bad they do the same thing when they look at me, only likin me cuz they think i'm pretty, they don't even know me, they are just attacted to me.
    I just know what i want and i'm not going to settle, i have no reason to.

~ChIcKie85~

Closed Thread